Thread: Beretta 1301 Comp vs. Stoeger M3K FS

G_Kid Guest

Beretta 1301 Comp vs. Stoeger M3K FS

Hey, been lurking for a while but finally here to make a post, hopefully in the right spot. Anyway, mainly just looking for opinions on a purchase I already made.

I've been recently trying to get into 3 gun lately and have just stuck with my Remington 870 Express and have finally decided it's time to get a new competition semi auto.

Most suggestions I have been seeing are all for the Stoeger M3k as it is relatively inexpensive, well liked, and practically ready out of the box. Locally, I can have a shop order one for me at $600.

However, I recently found someone selling a Beretta 1301 Comp with 21" barrel online. It comes with a Briley choke, match saver, Nordic tube coupler, +5 mag extension, and follower. Seller realized it was hard to get into 3 gun in his area and so the shotgun only has 100 shells through it, with no experience on it besides an indoor range. Price is at $800.

I ended up getting the Beretta 1301. Unfortunately, no local shops around me carry any competition shotguns besides Benelli M2's which is out of my price range. So only having handled a standard Stoeger M3000, I made the decision without knowing which one felt more fit to me. I also feel like I would have preferred the 24" barrel, but with no experience with either barrel length or shotgun, I have no idea.

Did I make the right decision to get the Beretta? Sorry if it's a dumb question or if the answer is a of course it is or isn't type thing. Might just be overthinking the purchase but just trying to get all the validation I can get on this one.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The 1301 is a solid shotgun and the 21" barrel will get the job done.

Feedback Score
    How light of a load will these guns run on?
    1oz at 1100 fps too light?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You got a great deal on that Beretta and I think it is the better gun, personally. The 1301 will digest anything you feed it, from the lightest target load to the heaviest slug

Feedback Score
    How far does the +5 stick out past the 21” barrel? I just bought the same gun, and not sure how long an extended tube to get. A +8 would be nice but would stick out crazy far. I guess being able to load 13 would be worth it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Trying to make the same decision and everything I read points me to the Beretta. To me, you made the right decision.

Feedback Score
    I’m looking for my first auto loader myself and beretta hits all the points for me buts it’s expensive.

Apparently the Ms are crazy expensive!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    They are both great guns. 10 years ago, I started shooting 3-gun with a 870. I went from the 870 to the 1100, then VersaMax and then to the M3000. I've been shooting a M3000 for 5 years now and still love it(I even bought a 2nd one so I have a 24" & a 26"). Having said that, I think the 1301 is a great gun and since you have already purchased it, I say practice with it and give it a try. Get some dummy rounds and practice loading it, practice loading it from empty and don't forget to shoot it on paper with slugs at 50 yds.