Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
During the daytime I didn't even notice it.

At night during quals it didn't blind me, but it took my eyes a second longer to get back on the frontsight and back on target. It was most noticeable when transitioning from body to head shots in a failure drill.

I shot a regular G22 and my 22C side by side one night and the difference became quite noticeable. I was much swifter transitioning from target to target with the non-comped gun.

The recovery time between shots is what the compensator is supposed to help eliminate. I found it to do just the opposite in the dark.

For your average shooter with a range gun I don't think the comp makes any difference. For work out on the street I think they can slow you down. I gave mine to my dad who just takes it to the range on weekends. Stick with the non-comp guns for serious work.
Pretty much exactly what I was getting at. The C will be brighter, but maybe not enough to actually blind you.

Also, the compensating benefits are probably next to nothing- you'd be better served training to manage the recoil of a non-C model, which is something you need to learn anyway. Good shooters who are excellent at managing recoil probably see absolutely no benefit with the C models whatsoever because their skill level is so high to begin with- those skills are something everyone should strive for and once you are there or are close to being there, you really don't need the ported barrel.

What's really sexy though are those that are ported with three or four holes down the length of the barrel with the extra meat on top of the barrel and the corresponding material removed from the slide. Those sure are "purdy."