Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 5.56 Pistol Upper Do You Recommend?

Feedback Score
    If you’re going to build it yourself I would go for a Sionics 11.5 barrel. The have the right size gas port, the right profile, and outstanding accuracy. For that matter you could even get a complete upper from them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Colt Commando (6933). Out-shoots my PSA upper, even after I gas-nazied the PSA into submission.
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-1...p/le6933ck.htm
    https://www.gandrtactical.com/Colt-L...Kit_p_258.html
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    If you called Sionics they might do a fsp build for you with the reduced gas port barrel. Otherwise, if you were worried about gas port size Black River could help you out.

Feedback Score
    I just put one together about a month ago. Had a 6920 upper and just swapped to the barrel for a Colt 11.5” FBI. Put a MI Combat rail on it which is pretty nice. Solid, low profile, and light. These barrels can be found for around $250 with shaved FSPs, FSPs, and no GB. Buyer beware that these may not have a .069 GP they are reportedly have. Mine was .073 so I just got a BRT tube at .069...need to install. .073 eject xm193 a little hard but handles .223 nicely.

Overall the barrel is accurate and now I have an all Colt upper. This will go on the 6920 lower once it’s SBRd. Riding a pistol lower now.

Not sure I would buy rather than build an upper.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    FSB or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Home defense, range trips. I plan to put a flashlight on it, maybe a Smith Vortex flash hider. Since you can't have a VFG on a pistol that's why I stick to the old school handguards. Those rails get HOT.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    FSB or no?
    FSB yes.

Feedback Score
    Because of your specific requirements, you are going to be limited to only a few solid choices. That's not a bad thing, but by opening up to FF rails, you will have dozens of really good options. Something to think about.

I do like the Colt 6933 upper that was suggested. It comes with a BCG, CH, and rear flip. Kind of a no-brainer to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Because of your specific requirements, you are going to be limited to only a few solid choices. That's not a bad thing, but by opening up to FF rails, you will have dozens of really good options. Something to think about.

I do like the Colt 6933 upper that was suggested. It comes with a BCG, CH, and rear flip. Kind of a no-brainer to me.
    I went with rails on my pistol at first. Damn thing nearly burned my fingers after a few mags (I've never been the type to wear shooting gloves). Since you can't have a VFG on a pistol and I don't really care for AFG's I sort of gravitated back to old school handguards and I've been perfectly happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12