Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguns that have dropped off the radar entirely (or nearly so)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Handguns that have dropped off the radar entirely (or nearly so)

I would probably place the Ruger American Pistol in this category. I never seem to hear anything about it these days (either pro or con).

Beretta PX4 and APX. The older 92 series seems to generate more buzz, for whatever reason.

Walther Creed. Just seemed to flop right off the bat. The previous PPX didn't seem to do much better. Shame , too, because my PPX is reliable and accurate.

Any Steyr handgun. Not sure why.

Any other candidates?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Phoenix Arms .22, best pistol ever

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whitney Wolverines

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I definitely don't think the PX4 is flopping, quite the contrary... It was, very much so, but it's made a major comeback with the Langdon compact carry models.

Flops that come to mind are things like the Remington R51, Colt American 2000, stuff like that...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Modern FN handguns never seem to get real traction.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Did the FN 509 turn out to be a hit or a flop?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I would say except for the 45. I always see the FNX45 around.

Feedback Score
    MAB P-15. It was one of the first double stack 9mm pistols (after the Browning P35), Heavy duty and did I say heavy? Super accurate and very well finished.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    MAB P-15. It was one of the first double stack 9mm pistols (after the Browning P35), Heavy duty and did I say heavy? Super accurate and very well finished.
    I'm not sure those were on the radar lately then dropped off. Instead, they're more like an obscure surplus handgun that was used by France and a few of her colonies 40+ years ago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I don't get the impression the CZ P10C is "flopping" it does seem like a lot of the initial buzz surrounding the gun has fizzled.
    So it might be relegated to being a "sleeper hit" like a lot of CZ guns vs the Glock 19 killer some thought it would be.

Within a year of hitting the market, the Remington RP9/RP45's were being sold by PSA at one point as low as like $199. I think the RP-series had little going for them in terms of features to distinguish themselves over other designs in the eyes of potential buyers, plus they are huge guns, and their release came on the heels of the R51 debacle. There may have been some function issues with the early ones too. Altogether I think that spells flop.

Mossberg just released some subcompact 9mm that I predict isn't going to get much traction, but you never know. Maybe it's a great gun but I don't see myself taking the plunge to try one out.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast