Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguns that have dropped off the radar entirely (or nearly so)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its had a bit of resurgence among the followers of Langdon.
    Yes, it still has a following.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Caracal.

I'd bet the IWI Masada is next

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is the FN 509 one of those "dropping off the radar" guns?
    I'd be hesitant to say it was ever on the radar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Beretta PX-4. It's one of those "I didn't know those were still being made" guns.
    I bought a commercial M9 this last spring, finally, and fell hard for DA/SA, followed it with a 92 Compact about six weeks later. I carry that compact pretty much all the time now. Both my 92 series are influenced some by Langdon in each has a set of G10 grips, G kits, and 14# hammer springs. I carry the compact more than anything else right now. It's main problem is it's still a pretty long barrel for appendix carry, and when I get serious about buying another new pistol, I think a PX4 compact will be it.

It's taken a bit to warm up to the feel of it, but for the price, I think they're worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The SIG p239. One of the best SIGs ever made, a perfect CC gun, great ergonomics. A joy to shoot.

Feedback Score
    The Ruger American Pistol in 9mm is now as low as $290 at CDNN. From all accounts it's not a bad handgun, but it seems to have quickly disappeared in the sea of polymer 9mm's currently swamping the market.

Feedback Score
    The SIG/Mauser M2 comes to mind...Completely disappeared.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'll have to chime in with the Browning Hi-Powers. Used to be one of my favorites, would love to have one by Yost or Novak.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I'll have to chime in with the Browning Hi-Powers. Used to be one of my favorites, would love to have one by Yost or Novak.
    I don't think those were ever on radar. At least not in the last 20 years. I don't know a single gun store that carried them. One store would get surplus in and another would occasionally get a new one which would sit for a year or two before disappearing.

They had a cult following but certainly not on the radar

Feedback Score
    HighPowers are a bit like Lugers; some are far more desirable/valuable than others. They became expensive, and were single action. But they feel good in the hand, and shoot really straight.
    Yeah, Steyrs are a mystery. The fact that they only imported 10 round mags for the Glock 19-sized model was one issue, and they weren't stone reliable. I had two, and took a beating trading both of them. The one shop had my gun for a year.
    Anything Remington has had a smell of death to it; not sure how their 1911s are.
    Moon

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast