Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Handguns that have dropped off the radar entirely (or nearly so)

Feedback Score
    Love the little Glock 42, carry's well for me, and is accurate enough for ear hole shots, and now that I have the 9x18Mak barrel that drops in, it gives me a little boost, but hell I loved the old 3rd Gen 1086
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave James View Post
    Love the little Glock 42, carry's well for me, and is accurate enough for ear hole shots, and now that I have the 9x18Mak barrel that drops in, it gives me a little boost, but hell I loved the old 3rd Gen 1086
    Is it 100% reliable? Where do you get them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I'll have to chime in with the Browning Hi-Powers. Used to be one of my favorites, would love to have one by Yost or Novak.
    I have a Yost Hi Power it was in my carry rotation until recently when I decided that I should probably stop carrying it because they stopped making Hi Powers but it is my favorite and finest 9mm pistol I have ever used. As far as falling off the radar I guess but it was the Glock before Glock, were the only country that didn't adopt it because of the 1911 even though the Hi Power is superior design (I carry a Yost 1911 daily). I would recommend picking a hi power up before they become too expensive I own two and plan on a third simply for this fact and I will probably send another to Yost just so I feel comfortable enough to carry it again.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised nobody said the Glock 36. .45 cal and a single stack. At the time it was the only .45 my girlfriend could/would shoot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The Slovakian "Grand Power" handguns never made much of a splash but those that own them seem to like them. They use a rotary-barrel concept similar to the Beretta PX4.

Never knew anyone who owned one of the Argentine "Bersa" guns. They're still around but I would say very much off the radar.
    Hah. I used to have a Grand Power P11.

Traded it in for a CZ P10C.

The P11 was an awesome carry gun. Slightly smaller than a Glock 19, insanely accurate, unbelievably soft shooting.

The problem with the Grand Power system is that it does not tolerate fouling very well. I had more malfunctions with the P11 than any gun I owned. You had to keep it clean and lube it just the right amount in just the right places with just the right lube.

That said, Grand Power X-Caliber Blue is on sale right now for $690 and it's one hell of a gun. If I hadn't just dumped my gun budget into more NODs and stuff I would snag one up for competition. Not defense, but competition.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    P10C joined the PPQ as being easier to shoot precisely one-handed because of the fully cocked striker.
    I was always under the impression the P10’s utilized a partially tensioned striker similar to Glock.

Feedback Score
    The FN 4.5 has gone down the drain.... i really like it..i bought one but ammo is way too extensive and hard to find.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's an FN 4.5?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What's an FN 4.5?
    +1 I'd like to know too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    +1 I'd like to know too.
    Sorry guys i meant the FN 5.7 Pistol.

i was on my 4th glass of bourbon.