Thread: 8” .300 Blackout Hack-job

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

8” .300 Blackout Hack-job

Having decided on my first suppressor (yay finally!) I started digging through my parts bin. With a few lightweight nick nacks here and there and an SBA3. I decided to build a somewhat lightweight .300 blackout pistol.

I decided on the CMMG 8” barrel. An 8” 300blk is the minimum length for a lot of suppressors. Cmmg’s barrel is profiled lighter than the others I came across and it features a 1:7 twist. A close runner up was the faxon 9” 1:8 twist.

I used a Samson lightweight gas block and fit a YHM QD brake as this pistol will be the home for my YHM Resonator. Im a fan of ALG handguards but they don’t sell an 8” m-lok. I already had an ALG V2 laying around that I picked up cheap used, out came the hacksaw. Sanded flat and square I dabbed on some alumi black and I had my 8” m-lok ALG.

The non forward assist Aero upper got an AIM surplus lightweight bolt carrier outfitted with an RCA adjustable gas key.

I chose titanium and aluminum components in place of steel for a few of the lower parts. The castle nut and end plate are 7075 from damage industries. Take down and pivot pins, buffer retainer, and grip screw are grade 5 titanium.

Wanting to keep it compact and lightweight I decided to try out LWRC’s UCIW receiver extension. The buffer and SBA3 needed to be shorter, out came the hacksaw.

With a short length of pull I prefer a steeper grip angle. I already had an Ergo swift grip laying around, I like the grip angle but they are longer than needed so I cut the bottom off.

Keeping it simple I topped it off with some Daniel Defense irons. Total weight came out to 4lbs 12.2oz

Last edited by JerDerv; 07-21-19 at 22:29. Reason: Adding img