Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8” .300 Blackout Hack-job

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post
    Sure! The rear of the suppressor has a outside diameter small enough to fit the inside diameter of the handguard, so the can is actually under the handguard about an 1/8".

Side note, here is where im at on the weight. Right at 6lbs empty.

7lbs 9.6oz mag full of supers and a sling.
    That's pretty cool. My YHM Phamtom is not like that. My rails have to be back behind the QD collar.

Feedback Score
    Put 120 rounds through it today 90 supers 30 subs. Shot the subs last, zero malfunctions, brass looks good. Locked back on empty every time.

Feedback Score
    Hackjob got some upgrades. Reptilia 1.93 with a PA MD-20, arisaka indexer, arisaka 300 on an arisaka inline m-lok mount, and an st07 in a magpul mount.

Im reloading some more 220grn subs this weekend so I can shoot this thing some more. Really fun gun, I need to put another couple hundred more rounds through it before I think I can really trust it.

Last edited by JerDerv; 08-28-21 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What size is the factory gas port?

Right, i haven't provided an update since September last year. The adjustable gas key for this particular application ended up being a joke. I found what you posted to be absolutely true. I actually tried an experiment and closed the gas key off completely, the gun still extracted and sometimes ejected the brass! Seems like the gas tube and gas key work like a piston in itself and was pushing the carrier back. I have tapped the gas block and made an insert for a few of my other rifles and it has worked great, ill probably end up doing that on this build as well but for the last several hundred rounds i have just been running a full mass carrier and the 3oz buffer, functions as expected.

Thanks, this is one of my favorites to shoot, especially with subs. Im really looking forward to taking it backpacking, not looking forward to carrying several mags of 220grain subs! hahaha.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What size is the factory gas port?
    The port size is not published by the manufacture and after searching for a few minutes, I cant find anyone whos dropped a gauge pin in the 8". The older 8.5" was .096", I wouldn't be surprised if this one was over .100". I staked the gas block grub screw so I don't want to pull the block to check. If I end up wanting to run the lightweight carrier again in the future ill likely just pick up one of the BRT gas tubes.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The factory port in the 8" barrel looks to be 098.

The port size is not published by the manufacture and after searching for a few minutes, I cant find anyone whos dropped a gauge pin in the 8". The older 8.5" was .096", I wouldn't be surprised if this one was over .100". I staked the gas block grub screw so I don't want to pull the block to check. If I end up wanting to run the lightweight carrier again in the future ill likely just pick up one of the BRT gas tubes.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Thanks Clint!

Swapped to a holosun HS503GU green circle dot on a Unity Fast mount. I haven't been shooting this thing much since ammo has gotten so spendy but ill put a mag of subs through it from time to time and it still puts a smile on my face. Super fun gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Clint!

Swapped to a holosun HS503GU green circle dot on a Unity Fast mount. I haven't been shooting this thing much since ammo has gotten so spendy but ill put a mag of subs through it from time to time and it still puts a smile on my face. Super fun gun.

What distance did you zero it at?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What distance did you zero it at?
    25 yards. I glanced at some numbers and thought it seemed logical for my intended use. Last time I had it zeroed to 25 I did some shooting out to maybe 60yards on steel and I didn't feel like it was off by much.

I do need to shoot this thing some more.

Feedback Score
    If you don’t mind @jerderv what is the measurement from the back of the lower receiver to the end of the SBA3 with it both collapsed and also fully extended?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast