Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best option for 5.45 AR mags these days?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best option for 5.45 AR mags these days?

What's the preferred 5.45 AR mag these days? ASC or something else?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I use ASC, my run perfect.

I run my in competition and drop them in the sand, still works fine.

I have no complaints

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    If you have a need for magazines for other cartridges, you might try the RZE Unimags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If you have a need for magazines for other cartridges, you might try the RZE Unimags.
    Interesting but too expensive.

Actually something like the Unimags would be neat with an MCX or ACR if a person had two or three different barrels chambered in a few different cartridges. It would simplify items needed to switch from 5.56 to 6.5G etc.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    In 30s I run ASCs and CPDs.
    Both run fine, I prefer the slicker finish of the CPDs for feeding steel case.
    For a shorter mag option I’ve had good luck running 15 rounds in a GI style 20 round straight mags with a tilt follower.
    I got mine from Brownells with stainless steel springs, they don’t rust like chrome silicon springs when running 7n6.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of them (either C Products or ASC) sells these with a tan finish. Probably Cerakote or another similar paint.

This color might be a good option for recognition since most of my .223 mags are black. I have one or two tan PMAGs but that's pretty much it.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I purchased a RZE Unimag just for 5.45 and thing was garbage! YMMV

Feedback Score
    I'd definitely like to try one of mine in a 5.45x39 AR15. The first Unimags that I purchased had issues. I returned them and bought some new improved ones several months later. They run 7.62x39 100%, even in full auto. It seems like 5.45x39 should be easier to run reliably, but you can assume anything. If anyone has a 5.45x39 upper that they want to lend for a full auto test, I'm ready.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    One of them (either C Products or ASC) sells these with a tan finish. Probably Cerakote or another similar paint.

This color might be a good option for recognition since most of my .223 mags are black. I have one or two tan PMAGs but that's pretty much it.

I usually use the rubber bands, for anything not 223.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have ASC they run great . being in my state i cannot get new ones. so I am using magpul mags. need to cut down the front leg of the follower it runs perfect with 28 rounds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast