Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gun: Maverick.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Going to be bad ass!!!!

Feedback Score
    Tom Cruise is one whacky dude in real life but he almost always delivers a good action flick. I’m in.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Will Smith already did that.
    It had a big ID4 vibe to me
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I seriously cannot wait.

I've heard plot rumors especially regarding the F-14 (who still actively uses it? hmmm) and if even a fraction of what I hear is true it is going to be badass.

Tom Cruise may be gay and worships aliens but he is usually insistent on his own stunts and practical effects. And he fronts his own money to ensure it happens. I cannot think of a film he has ever done that I actively disliked.

I now want an updated Iron Eagle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It had a big ID4 vibe to me
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS

No aliens but super drones. Sounds lame until you realize it is an actual thing.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering...they showed that scene of Ed Harris questioning Maverick as to why he's only a captain after 30+ years. And, according to IMDb, Iceman is only a commander... also, after more than 30 years. I'm thinking we're going to find that that sometime between the first movie and this one, both Maverick and Iceman got into some kind of trouble and either got denied promotions or demoted.

Given how movie tropes go, they probably went into restricted airspace to help rescue American forces after they were ordered to return to base and let the troops die.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I now want an updated Iron Eagle.
    You just want another badass soundtrack with plenty of 80s hair bands.

I'm sure Hollyweird would eff it up by having Ariana Grande trying to cover Queen and BTS covering the Spencer Davis Group.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm wondering...they showed that scene of Ed Harris questioning Maverick as to why he's only a captain after 30+ years.
    I was appalled at the lack of any kind of research they did about the "three kills, more than anyone in the last 40 years."

Both Capt Thomas Dietz, USAF and 1Lt Robert Hehemann, USAF scored 3 kills apiece in Desert Storm.

Never mind...Hollywood...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    In the Navy.....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Per 80s hair rock, it would be a racially motivated hate crime to have an Iron Eagle movie without it. Doug Masters looks the right kind of grizzled and not bald for Doug Masters to fly again.

Per the shootdowns, I’d like to think Maverick scored a few more kills in Desert Storm. They could easily church that up with a redub saying “more than 3 kills in the last 40 years”

I also think Ed Harris is kinda a poor choice in that scene. The Captain line would have more weight if it came from an Admiral the same age or younger than Tom Cruise.

I actually think they are gonna go smart here if the rumors are true and make the film for people contemporary of the original Top Gun. No wokeness. No fat black lesbian fighter pilot.

In fact the opening prologue basically is calling Maverick an outdated dinosaur and he’s like “lol we’ll see”

I hope the F-14 rumors are true. That it’s an OPFOR plane and Maverick gets into a bloody and vicious dogfight with it as he knows it better than anyone. It’s a meta callback to the point of Top Gun.

The point of the course is teaching hardcore gunfighting in response to the early Vietnam War error of relying on gadgets and rockets.
    Now there are only a few near peer nations that have any Air Force of any sophistication and we know China won’t be OPFOR and the Russians is kinda played out and cheap.

There is also rumors that he uses a Navy F-35 at some point.

Rumors but interesting if true

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast