Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 4 yr study on MRDS vs iron signs on pistols

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

New 4 yr study on MRDS vs iron signs on pistols

I've been rocking MRDS for longer than this new 4 year study with the same results.

https://lockedback.com/results-4-yea...sage-dynamics/
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good information and agree based on personal experience, BUT in 4 years they only surveyed 110 people and less than 50 actually shot in their scenarios. In the red dot versus iron pictured summary, 24 people shot the course of fire totaling 262 rounds.

I would have thought 4 years would have brought thousands of shooters and tens of thousands of rounds

On the durability side of red dots well over 10K rounds were fired, but I would have thought it would have ben 50-100K rounds in four years.

I guess my point is such a small sampling wouldn't provide enough data that any law enforcement jurisdiction would change over to red dots, seemingly the premise for the entire study. They easily could have had 1000X the sampling just posting on these forums for volunteers.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 07-20-19 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    Interesting and something to consider. But as in anything else also consider the agenda / motivation of the source.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Interesting read. As I expected the author points out the exact same findings we have seen with red dots on rifles for 20 years. Competition pistol shooters have been taking advantage of red dots for years. Now that technology is catching up we are seeing many more practical pistol options. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Interesting and something to consider. But as in anything else also consider the agenda / motivation of the source.
    What agenda?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Similar study, different conclusions.

https://gundigest.com/reviews/optics...green-dot-iron

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Similar study, different conclusions.

https://gundigest.com/reviews/optics...green-dot-iron
    This appears to be the more realistic result.
    I had a long discussion with Mr. Hackathorn about red dot optics and duty use and his take is very similar to this study.
    One thing I added to the con list for handgun red dots was re-qualification after battery replacement on optics that require removal from the handgun for battery access.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Agreed, the fact that irons are better at 5-10 yards for most people is a pretty big deal. Long range shot improvements are a poor trade off for reduced performance at the ranges people actually employ handguns.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Agreed, the fact that irons are better at 5-10 yards for most people is a pretty big deal. Long range shot improvements are a poor trade off for reduced performance at the ranges people actually employ handguns.
    Makes the juice:squeeze much tougher.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Aaron Cowan's paper has been updated to a 2019 second edition.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc12...079552b640.pdf

If you watch his videos. his research and documentation of red dots on duty firearms has been a long ongoing process.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast