Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: C8 Corvette

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I cant do the Civic Type R. It looks like something a 15 yr old would buy if you gave him a license and $40k.

It just grabs too much attention. All of it bad.
    Agreed, but it is a hell of a DD ride for the money.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Mjolnir gets it, so does Ron3.

The DCTs are amazing pieces of technology and allow you extract more performance out of the car. If you want lap time bragging rights (you were the pro driver that earned that time, right?) and like to cruise then maybe that’s the one to get. Some of us want the challenge of changing our own gears and the satisfaction of doing it well, I don’t give a crap about how fast a computer can do it. It adds to the driving experience and that’s what this type of car is about. I hope they offer the C8 with a manual for those that like to row their own.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Bullshit!

Can you heel & toe perfectly corner after corner?

Most cannot.

Once you learn and perfect it you won’t really want the PDK/semi-auto/automated manual transmission unless - you’re stuck in a horrid traffic jam or you’re trying to be as fast as humanly possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh really? So driving is more than shifting gears?

I like manual transmissions on cars where it makes sense. A car capable of a 3 second 0-60 time isn't it. Even motorcycles are getting quick-shifters (up and down) as standard equipment on models where it makes sense.
    Last edited by bp7178; 07-27-19 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    56k is better than fiber.

That is how dumb people sound when they prefer manual transmissions over modern dual-clutch automatics. That thing where you think manual shifting takes more skill to operate at 10/10th...ego stroking. Nothing more.

Carry on.
    Thank you. I get SO sick of people and their ePeen contests who grunt on and on about "rowing your own gears" and other dumb crap. You going to churn your own butter next because you prefer how "connected" you are to your ingredients?

Sheesh.

What a dumb thing to complain about the extinction of.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Thank you. I get SO sick of people and their ePeen contests who grunt on and on about "rowing your own gears" and other dumb crap. You going to churn your own butter next because you prefer how "connected" you are to your ingredients?

Sheesh.

What a dumb thing to complain about the extinction of.
    LOL, I grew up on a cattle ranch. We churned our own butter from the cream we skimmed off the milk we squeezed straight from the teat. Hadn’t thought of that in years!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    LOL, I grew up on a cattle ranch. We churned our own butter from the cream we skimmed off the milk we squeezed straight from the teat. Hadn’t thought of that in years!
    Lucky!

I'll be ya'll made your own ice cream, too!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Attachment 58200

Indeed...all the official GM hero runs at the ring' are stock down to the tires with added safety measures like the 5 point & roll cage. Check out this capture during that run!! Sick!!

Not sure why Ford doesn't do official runs?? All the Fords on Nurburgring 100 fastest lap times are by individuals.
    Not sure why Ford doesn’t.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My dream garage would be:

Bentley Continental GT
    Porsche Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo (covers sedan and wagon)
    Porsche 911 Turbo S
    Lotus Exige Cup 430
    Lincoln Navigator Black Label
    I'd keep my ZR2, but I'd drop the 3.6L TT from the ATS-V in it. Of course I'd have to add bigger brakes too and...

Oh, and I'd trade my Triton Tr-20x in for an Allison XB 2002.
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Oh really? So driving is more than shifting gears?

I like manual transmissions on cars where it makes sense. A car capable of a 3 second 0-60 time isn't it. Even motorcycles are getting quick-shifters (up and down) as standard equipment on models where it makes sense.
    Maybe we should just let them drive autonomously. All one would have to do is sit in and close your eyes...

Feedback Score
    I love the hell out of driving drum brake equipped, carburetor fed, non overdrive manual transmission equipped cars.
    All windows down and you can only reach the handle on one when the rain comes. With four ashtrays, a floor dimmer, and no cup holders until you get to the drive in and you open your glove box.

Just like some days at the range are fun with a revolver or lever-gun.

I don’t stake my manhood on it.

The days of outperforming a present day performance automatic with a classic manual on the drag strip, track, or road course are long gone. Even the days of being able to do so for the 99th percentile + skill guys at the cost of wear and tear and expense are gone.

But this is America.

Every virgin with a 4 inch erection just knows he is the world’s greatest lover.

Every 5’7” guy weighing in at 170 that has never had any training, been in any match, and never in a real fight just knows he is one hell of a fighter That could kick anyone’s ass.

Every guy with a gun and no training and a hundred rounds under his belt just knows he is one hell of a shot.

And every man with no instruction that has never been on a drag strip, off the road, on a road course, around a drift circle track, or around a paved track just knows he is the world’s greatest driver.

And everyone would have been a Ranger Bn, SF, SEAL, PJ, CCT, or Force Recon guy except for that pesky trick knee, wife and kids and city/state benefits, or recruiter that lied to them. The majority that failed the initial Indoc/selection/assessment must be a figment of the Imagination.

And every guy with a 25to 75th percentile IQ knows them there damn rocket surgeons that ain’t got no common sense is Idjits.

There are also, in general, a lot of opinions floating around in army IRL, work, Internet, etc. conversation from people in life in general about cars they have never driven that cost their annual pre tax income and more.

This is America.
    Guys that have been in two snowstorms in their life are going to tout their expertise in 4WD systems.
    Guys that spent one weekend shooting 500 pistol rounds and 500 Carbine rounds under the tutelage of a former operator that spent two daysof combat under their belt decades ago are going to call out SOF guys with years in combat zones.
    Guys that had an IROC, Fox body, or Eagle Talon 25 years ago are going to weigh in on the 6.4 Hemi vs Camaro SS and Corvette.

The shit posting is epic.

In the 1980s I banged the shit out of chick Friday and Saturday and her cousin on Monday and Tuesday over a holiday weekend.
    One summer I did a SCAD chick one weekend and her roommate the next.

I fully reserve the right to call out someone that pulled a Friends sandwich with Monica and Rachel in the 1990s, a mother daughter, sisters, and even twins ménage a Trois of total A list status in their prime.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast