Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: C8 Corvette

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I doubt it. Many of the rich boomers are really hating how non traditional the mid engines are. I know one guy with a recent Z06 who has been getting offers like crazy since the C8 reveal because it's the "last of the real vettes."
    I bet.
    This has to be equivalent to when the 911 went liquid cooled.

I'm a bit shocked they are going mid-engine...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yep.

Mid engine supercars don’t go well with sandals with socks, white hair, and tooling around 10MPH under the posted speed limit. Therefore 95% of current Corvette owners will not like the C8.
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe Chevrolet should have built their European supercar under another moniker and left the Corvette a front engined American muscle car.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe Chevrolet should have built their European supercar under another moniker and left the Corvette a front engined American muscle car.
    Not sure if you’re being serious or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is it really going to be 60k?

When I first saw the spy shots I was thinking GM screwed themselves by pricing themselves out of the market.

I guess we shall see what the street price is.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a Ferrari.....but much more affordable. The cockpit has an extended strake from the dash towards the back. It just screams...”hey passenger! Don’t talk or even look at me, I am having the ride of my life!” Someday......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    No Chevrolet is on the right path with the C8. Boomers will soon be an ever older market segment, more likely to buy a Jazzy Scooter than a sports car of any description.

Figure a decently equipped “enthusiast model” C8 with the Z51 performance package is probably going to be $62-$65K sticker, and have 495hp along with cat like reflexes if GM chassis gurus of late did their thing. So who in their right mind buys a Porsche Cayman/Boxster, Toyota Supra, BMW Z4, or other $58-$65K two seat sports cars when the C8 exists in that price range? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Imagine what the aftermarket is going to do with the LT2. If the heads will move enough air (guaranteed they will), and the fuel system can keep up; that motor is just a cam, valve springs, and tune away from 550-600hp at the crank depending on how wild of a cam will still give good street manners.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

When I first saw the spy shots I was thinking GM screwed themselves by pricing themselves out of the market.

Street price is going to be +$20K or more ADM for a while, but then you'll be able to pick one up at Kerbeck for less than $60K OTD. It's possible GM may up the price down the road to offset what have to be pretty substantial R&D costs to change the entire car. I loathe the phrase, but this literally is a game changer. At this price it's also in a class of it's own.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    This looks awesome. I’ll try to pick up a used one in a few years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

My suspicion is that it is going to be 60k.
    Plus 5k for better seats, plus 5 K color matched stripes and brake calipers, plus 5k better exhaust and engine compartment decorations, etc.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I like everything but the interior, it's hideous in my opinion. I'd love an Acura NSX, I've drooled over them for years. I did splurge at the end of last year and scoop up a 2018 M3. Got it used with around 10k miles so I saved a ton off original sticker price. It's got all the power I need and then some and still able to cart the family around. Maybe 1 day I can lose the back seat for a mid engine ride...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast