Thread: Trouble removing cam pin from Bootleg adjustable carrier?

Feedback Score

Trouble removing cam pin from Bootleg adjustable carrier?

Howdy...I have been running a Bootleg carrier on my rifles with cans. Works great, but I have noticed that the cam pin is really hard to remove, as it fits really tight up against the carrier key when trying to take it apart. Sometimes I have to wedge a small screwdriver underneath it to get it to come out. Anyone else had this issue? Parts on the carrier are all BCM.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I had the same problem with a Fail Zero BCG. Tried several std mil-spec cam pins and all worked fine. If the carrier had been out of spec I would have been p.o.’d. No biggie.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    After removing the firing pin, does the cam pin rotate freely?

Feedback Score
    It rotates, just a pain to pull up and out. The edge of the cam pin is right up against the carrier key.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    It rotates, just a pain to pull up and out. The edge of the cam pin is right up against the carrier key.
    I highly doubt the cam was installed prior to the carrier key, so if it when in it should come back out. Try spinning it 270 degree instead of 90 and see if that gives you enough wiggle room to get it. I suspect the rectangular part of the pin is slightly of center of the cylindrical portion.

Side note: "Bootleg" is not an awe inspiring name.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!