Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF weights in again on length of Pistol & brace

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ATF weights in again on length of Pistol & brace

DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING. I had my head up my ass & misread. Bitch getting old!

friggin ATF, Springfield Armory (assume others) Saint Edge is 24 1/2", resulting in thousands of law abiding citizens in harms WAY!

What does this mean for gun owners? Measure your AR pistol without the brace installed. If its total length 26 inches long or longer, enjoy a forward pistol grip if you like. (For the sake of measuring firearms, buffer tubes count as integral gun parts.) If it’s under 26 inches long, that means you’re stuck using angled grips, or bipods, or lanyards…just not vertical foregrips.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/atf-firearm-braces/
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 07-22-19 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    I thought that was pretty always the case, the way I understood it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Yep nothing new here.

All that has changed is measuring with stock folded, if you have that feature.

Chatter in another thread here said AFGs may also be off-limits too per new ATF rules relayed to SBTactical. I’ve seen no verification of that other than the mention.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I thought that was pretty always the case, the way I understood it.

March 21, 2017, ATF clarified their ruling. Following ATF's 2017 letter, many manufactures started shipping pistols with length of 24.5" and added a multiple position brace. Based on the article in Guns America, they are now illegal.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...lizing-braces/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    March 21, 2017, ATF clarified their ruling. Following ATF's 2017 letter, many manufactures started shipping pistols with length of 24.5" and added a multiple position brace. Based on the article in Guns America, they are now illegal.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...lizing-braces/
    Dont see how they are illegal. Just don't put a vertical foregrip on it .

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Dont see how they are illegal. Just don't put a vertical foregrip on it .

The Springfield Saint Edge Pistol is shipped with a Maxim Defense CQB, Adjustable 4-Positions forearm brace The Edge is 24.6" without the forearm brace. Therefore Springfield is shipping a vertical forearm brace that is now considered illegal by ATF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_2RIhOIDE
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 07-21-19 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The Springfield Saint Edge Pistol is shipped with a Maxim Defense CQB, Adjustable 4-Positions forearm brace The Edge is 24.6" without the forearm brace. Therefore Springfield is shipping a vertical forearm brace that is now considered illegal by ATF.

No they aren't. You just can't put a vert grip on one because it's shorter than 26"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don Robison; 07-21-19 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Don Robison; 07-21-19 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    Duplicate

I was unable to locate link, do you have?

Feedback Score

ATF is not referring to that, they say you cant use that for the measurement.

But only make it illegal if you put a FRONT vertical grip on the hand gaurd if under 26"

Their letter has nothing to do with the use of the brace.

--- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast