Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATF weights in again on length of Pistol & brace

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    The Springfield Saint Edge Pistol is shipped with a Maxim Defense CQB, Adjustable 4-Positions forearm brace The Edge is 24.6" without the forearm brace. Therefore Springfield is shipping a vertical forearm brace that is now considered illegal by ATF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_2RIhOIDE
    That is a forearm brace, not vertical grip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I was unable to locate link, do you have?
    Yeah, it's in the OP.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    That is a forearm brace, not vertical grip.

You are right on! Dang, bitch getting old, I completely misread, for sure loose nut behind the keyboard!

Feedback Score
    You are right on! Dang, bitch getting old, I completely misread, for sure loose nut behind the keyboard!

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Even though they are two months old, those articles read like they were long out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Yep nothing new here.

All that has changed is measuring with stock folded, if you have that feature.

Chatter in another thread here said AFGs may also be off-limits too per new ATF rules relayed to SBTactical. I’ve seen no verification of that other than the mention.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Who cares?

Big facts

It’s like folks get off on a bureaucrats dictating their lives.

Feedback Score
    While we are on this subject, does the SBA3 brace use a standard carbine receiver extension or not?

If it does....

Since this is a gray area could ATF potentially in the future rule that such a receiver extension might be "constructive intent" to install a rifle stock?

No, I am NOT going to write them asking for clarification. Nor am I going to remove the receiver extension that uses the SBA3 unless necessary.

I just wonder if I should have a pistol buffer on hand as a spare part that I can swap out for the SBA3's receiver extension should the BATFinks decide your extension must be a pistol extension.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it does. Legally, you can use a bare, standard RE on a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    While we are on this subject, does the SBA3 brace use a standard carbine receiver extension or not?

If it does....

Since this is a gray area could ATF potentially in the future rule that such a receiver extension might be "constructive intent" to install a rifle stock?

No, I am NOT going to write them asking for clarification. Nor am I going to remove the receiver extension that uses the SBA3 unless necessary.

I just wonder if I should have a pistol buffer on hand as a spare part that I can swap out for the SBA3's receiver extension should the BATFinks decide your extension must be a pistol extension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12