Thread: Arrendondo Baseplates OMG ?????

Feedback Score

Arrendondo Baseplates OMG ?????

Why would anybody send out ANYTHING anymore w/o SOME kind of basic instructions.

Granted, I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy in the world but I figured I could swap out some flippin' pistol mag floorplates......

NOPE.

What in the hell do I need to do?

1. The "locking tabs" that come with the baseplate. ????? What in the hell are they for?

2. Is my factory spring going to be tight enough or do I need ISMI or Wolff? Why can't I find M&P mag springs on either site?

3. There is a small metal tab on the interior of each mag that comes factory standard and is looped around the last turn of the spring. Does this stay or go?

Feedback Score
    i'm giggling... no doubt about the no instructions thing, it seems like every gun company expects you to know everything already.

the locking tabs that come with the baseplate keep the base plate from sliding off during shooting (this can happen)

your stock mags won't be good enough you need extra power mag springs i'll get a link for you...

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php
    "Never give up... Never surrender"
    -Jason Nesmith

Feedback Score
    also subtract one from full capacity and reliability. Don't load it to the complete allowable total.
    -Jason Nesmith

Feedback Score
    thanks boss.....however, i still can't see how to get the damn things ON!!!

those locking tabs don't allow the baseplate to even slide on....that, and the damn spring being in the way.

what am i missing?

Feedback Score
    you've got to shove all that stuff up into the main body of the mag so that they are out of the way. use a punch or something small enough to fit in the small circular hole at the bottom of the new baseplate. Once you push it all up in the main body and slide on the bottom then let all that stuff fall back down into the new baseplate. You will need the extra power mag springs for it to be reliable though.

hope this helps
    -Jason Nesmith

ToddG Guest
    exitinyourhead already explained it perfectly. FWIW, in 9x19mm, I find that the Arredondo + L-shaped locking plate + ISMI spring gives me a very dependable 22rd magazine.

You want to use the L-shaped locking plate instead of the flat one. The flat one may allow you to fit one extra round in there, but there is absolutely nothing keeping the floorplate in place ... if you drop the mag on the ground, the floorplate can come off and then everything in the mag (cartridges, spring, follower) can go flying.

If you still have trouble making it work, let me know and I'll try to snap some photos tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    i got it. thanks guys.......