Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about CCR terribly botched Beretta 92A1 refinishing?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I would stop calling the first guy a “gunsmith” because obviously he’s not .
    More like Bubba .

Feedback Score
    It’s a gun. A run of the mill beretta at that - not a custom Wilson, nighthawk, etc. Shoot it and it will accumulate wear on all contact points, including the rails. I don’t understand what all the crying is about. And no, you will likely not wear out the rails because some of the surface anodizing is gone.

Look at old Sigs. Anodized frame rails always show wear yet they run, and run, and run.

Feedback Score
    It's clear the OP has no idea what he is talking about. Hardcoat anodize if for aluminum, your slide is not aluminum. Beretta uses a finish on their steel slides called Bruniton, which is thick and hides the poor finish machining work on most Beretta slides. The Bruniton had to be stripped chemically to bare the steel for CCR to apply their finish.
    Edit: after multiple re-reads of the OP's OP, I now better understand what he was trying (poorly) to explain, that the slide plating work allegedly damaged the anodized hard coat on the aluminum frame rails. Too much anger coming through in his writing (and screen name???). Still seems like the kind that would complain if they got hanged with a brand new rope.
    Last edited by robotoid; 07-23-19 at 20:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CCR has done upwards of 8 guns for me, not to mention a crap ton of magazines/small parts. Are they slow? Yes, as they are a small business compared to a place like Robar. Brad and Mary do great work. They are widely known on SIG Forum... if you want to see their work.

I’ve also had guns done at Robar... three to be exact (and a spare cylinder). Price, CCR is more affordable. Did not say cheaper, because I can take my Glock 30S (CCR) and S&W 642-1 (Robar)... and both looked just as good as one another. But CCR does have a few drawbacks...

One, they don’t plate long guns. I did see them do a TAC-14, which mine will be following suit... but I don’t believe they do normal length long guns with plating. And two... they don’t plate alloy frames. SIGs are their bread/butter, and they will not mess with their anodizing. I’ve questioned Beretta anodizing, but I’ve yet to hear anyone state they have done it. The two shotguns and alloy revolver I had done... Robar did. Everything else... CCR. CZ SP-01... CCR will do. SIG P938... Robar.

Am I going to say that CCR didn’t mess up? Nope, because we are all human and I really don’t know what exactly occurred. However, I’m having a hard time seeing/understanding the problem. If there is anodizing being rubbed off the rails, where was the picture of that? But let’s hypothetically say they were in the wrong... I know they would do the right thing, if you give them the chance.

OP, hope all works out for your situation.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathNinja View Post
    This issue is resolved....

That's it, huh?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Hell shooting/using the gun will cause more wear and tear than that. I like a good worn in look. Proves someone put some time behind the trigger not sat in a safe covered in oil just to show off at bbq's. Tiny dimple on bottom of slide and dings on the inside where you won't even see it assembled. First world problems.
    Thats about the ****ing stupidest thing I've heard, almost impossibly stupid! You brats would cry to mama like treed cubs if this shit had happened to your cereal box gun of the week! Only a moron, literally a sub-moron would adopt the attitude of this douche-bag. You ship a gun off to be refinished, and you imply that after dropping hundreds on that refinish, you'd look with what, admiration at the blemishes they introduced to it? The rest of you count to ten and then apply your idiocy to yourselves.... When I send a device off to be fixed, it had best be just that upon its return, and I can assure everyone of you that the above dickforbrains would do exactly that too!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you considered trying a different forum? There are places where fit and finish are a larger focus than here.

I know you were very clear before about not wanting to follow the forum rules, but I wanted to point out that personal attacks are also frowned upon here. Again, there may be other forums that are a better fit for you.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/misc.php?do=showrules

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathNinja View Post
    Thats about the ****ing stupidest thing I've heard, almost impossibly stupid! You brats would cry to mama like treed cubs if this shit had happened to your cereal box gun of the week! Only a moron, literally a sub-moron would adopt the attitude of this douche-bag. You ship a gun off to be refinished, and you imply that after dropping hundreds on that refinish, you'd look with what, admiration at the blemishes they introduced to it? The rest of you count to ten and then apply your idiocy to yourselves.... When I send a device off to be fixed, it had best be just that upon its return, and I can assure everyone of you that the above dickforbrains would do exactly that too!
    Thanks for stopping by, I don't think this is the place for you Chief.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He didn’t even follow up with how the problem was resolved. Doesn’t follow the forum rules and then insults fellow members.

/thread

It’s ban time.
    Last edited by ace4059; 07-23-19 at 19:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast