Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Excess Protein Make you Fat?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Ultimately Excess calories are what make you fat, and excess calories from fat and carbs the primary drivers of that, much less so for protein. In fact, it's exceedingly difficult to add bodyfat from excess protein intakes. That does not = eating nothing but protein is a good idea from a health POV long term, but higher P diets do tend to get better results in fat loss in my experience and generally supported by the data. Full paper linked if you want the granular details.
    Potatoes are good for suppressing appetite. I just lost 40lbs on a carb diet.... Now that I feel I have lost enough weight I'm eating eggs as well as potatoes. Never felt better Pics taken yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 08-31-19 at 14:52.

Feedback Score
    The main thing that makes you fat is FAT.... The way food is prepared is what makes the biggest difference, stay away from fat and oils and you are half way there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Potatoes are good for suppressing appetite. I just lost 40lbs on a carb diet.... Now that I feel I have lost enough weight I'm eating eggs as well as potatoes. Never felt better Pics taken yesterday.
    I'm not aware of any unique effects of potatoes suppressing appetite, but the most satiating macro nutrient by far is protein.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not aware of any unique effects of potatoes suppressing appetite, but the most satiating macro nutrient by far is protein.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The main thing that makes you fat is FAT.... The way food is prepared is what makes the biggest difference, stay away from fat and oils and you are half way there.
    That's a lot of mythology for one post bro. If it's simply fat that makes you fat, why do people lose weight on keto diets?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    It's because potatoes are filling. You can't eat a lot and they are low in calories, combine the two and you will lose weight guaranteed, so long as they are not cooked in oil or fat. Worked for me perfectly.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 08-31-19 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    That's a lot of mythology for one post bro. If it's simply fat that makes you fat, why do people lose weight on keto diets?
    I can't explain that as I have no idea what a keto diet is.

PS. If a high carb diet is nothing like keto how come I lost weight easily ?
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 08-31-19 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's because potatoes are filling. You can't eat a lot and they are low in calories, combine the two and you will lose weight guaranteed, so long as they are not cooked in oil or fat. Worked for me perfectly.
    Vegetables are more filling and far lower in calories, so that's not something unique to a potato. Potatoes are mostly starch of course and most would view them as less than ideal food to focus on for weight loss. Having said that, if it worked for you, drive on I say. Remember however statistically speaking, getting the weight off is not the hard part, keeping off is the hard part and any diet/nutritional approach that does not account for that, is fail. Good luck.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can't explain that as I have no idea what a keto diet is.
    Then I'd advise you not to give nutritional advice if it's clearly not your lane.

PS. If a high carb diet is nothing like keto how come I lost weight easily ?
    Because you ingested calories below your required maintenance for a long enough period of time to lose wight, for the same reason others lose wight on which ever diet they follow.

Cuz calories.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Vegetables are more filling and far lower in calories, so that's not something unique to a potato. Potatoes are mostly starch of course and most would view them as less than ideal food to focus on for weight loss. Having said that, if it worked for you, drive on I say. Remember however statistically speaking, getting the weight off is not the hard part, keeping off is the hard part and any diet/nutritional approach that does not account for that, is fail. Good luck.
    Keeping my weight the same will be easy, if it starts to go up I can just go back into potatoes heavily again and lose weight in an instant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast