Thread: 5320.20 interstate travel/relocation scenarios

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

5320.20 interstate travel/relocation scenarios

Hypothetical questions:

1) Trust ABC owns an SBR in State A. Trust ABC relocated out of State A to State B years ago and never filed a 5320.20. Trust ABC has a current need to produce paperwork showing the trail from State A where the Form 1 is to State B where the SBR is presently (i.e. Form 1 & 5320.20) How can Trust ABC get the paperwork mailed back to them without a State A mailing address?

2) SBR of Trust ABC is stolen in State B. No 5320.20 was ever filed from State A to State B. Should Trust ABC report the theft in State A or State B. Trust ABC would essentially be admitting it violated the NFA without a 5320.20 if it reported it in State B.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-23-19 at 19:59. Reason: Removed the parts that might make the BATFE shoot a dog.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This is why you should only assemble pistols.

There are reasons why their so popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Send in the 5320.20 with the original and new addresses, showing it’s a permanent move and items aren’t being returned.

Include a cover sheet to say items were already moved in non-NFA configurations and please return approved forms to the new address.

Report theft where it actually happened.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Send in the 5320.20 with the original and new addresses, showing it’s a permanent move and items aren’t being returned.

Include a cover sheet to say items were already moved in non-NFA configurations and please return approved forms to the new address.

This is the truth.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    BigWaylon is right.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post

Way overthinking things when this discussion occurred. Thank you for your time and contributions to the NFA questions on this forum.