Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24-month exemption

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Yep, just got off the phone with the NFA branch and they confirmed that. No new upload of Trust, but new fingerprints and 5320.23 with photo. Does this mean they will be any faster not having to read thru the Trust?
    Not sure about faster...but one less thing for them to screw up if they “misinterpret” who is considered an RP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Yep, just got off the phone with the NFA branch and they confirmed that. No new upload of Trust, but new fingerprints and 5320.23 with photo. Does this mean they will be any faster not having to read thru the Trust?

Could’ve saved yourself the phone call if you’d actually read the OP. Or the instructions on the forms. The exemption is specifically mentioned in the section on proof of entity existence.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Solid post with good info, as usual.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Could’ve saved yourself the phone call if you’d actually read the OP. Or the instructions on the forms. The exemption is specifically mentioned in the section on proof of entity existence.
    This will be my 4th SBR application, with the first two being mailed as an individual entity. The 3rd was an NFA Trust and so is the one I am getting ready to do. I hate paperwork like this.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Am I missing the advantage to this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    Am I missing the advantage to this?
    I can think of two:
    1. If you’re filing paper forms, it should be less toner and paper printing a copy of your trust/corp documents.
    2. Removes any chance of an examiner incorrectly deciding who is an RP, which is something I’ve seen reported more than once.

Now, are either of those enough for you do it? YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I can think of two:
    1. If you’re filing paper forms, it should be less toner and paper printing a copy of your trust/corp documents.
    2. Removes any chance of an examiner incorrectly deciding who is an RP, which is something I’ve seen reported more than once.

Now, are either of those enough for you do it? YMMV.
    In reference to #2, are we talking about some rando at the ATF deciding your beneficiary needs to submit photo/prints? Because I had heard rumor about that but never found out if it was actually happening.

The ATF needs to get their shit together

Feedback Score
    It's always some random Jerk at the ATF who can't read deciding the beneficiaries and successor trustees on my trusts are now magically RPs.

Then when I tell then they are wrong and that they better conf. in a super and legal before they further embarrass themselves I get a call back 3p minutes later with an approved form 4.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    It's always some random Jerk at the ATF who can't read deciding the beneficiaries and successor trustees on my trusts are now magically RPs.

Then when I tell then they are wrong and that they better conf. in a super and legal before they further embarrass themselves I get a call back 3p minutes later with an approved form 4.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    For reference, where is the supporting documentation to present to said ATF retard to make them stop being an idiot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    In reference to #2, are we talking about some rando at the ATF deciding your beneficiary needs to submit photo/prints? Because I had heard rumor about that but never found out if it was actually happening.

The ATF needs to get their shit together
    That, or simply missing Amendments.

I had a situation where I included an Amendment, and put a brightly colored post-it on the cover sheet of the trust, and they still managed to miss the Amendment and sent the form back with an error letter. The solution was to simply send it back to them and point out the Amendment again. Wasted time and effort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast