Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92X series

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve never ordered from them before, it just showed up on gun deals website I visit.

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ber...m-4.7-blk-17rd

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Where are you seeing a full-size 92X model on sale for $560? I'd like to snag one of those.

Thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool, thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    I’ve never ordered from them before, it just showed up on gun deals website I visit.

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ber...m-4.7-blk-17rd
    I’ve ordered from them a handful of times and haven’t had any issues. They’re good to go in my experience.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks, much appreciated, I just ordered one. It does not come with the decocker, and only has 10-round mags, but I'll send those to a friend trapped behind the granola curtain., I have a spare set of G levers in the parts bins.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thanks, much appreciated, I just ordered one. It does not come with the decocker, and only has 10-round mags, but I'll send those to a friend trapped behind the granola curtain., I have a spare set of G levers in the parts bins.
    I noticed that the description says 17 rounds but the details say 10rd mags. However the SKU listed is J92FR921 which should be 17 rd mags. J92FR920 should be 10 rounders, but who knows which piece of info is accurate.

Feedback Score
    How do you moutn a red dot sight?
    Does the CTC grip fit on the 92x?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-1920
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Does the CTC grip fit on the 92x?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-1920
    That one in your link DOES NOT fit the 92X. The 92X grip frame is the same as the VERTEC. CTC does not list a laser grip for the VERTEC.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Funny you should say that.

I always read about low and smooth the recoil and recovery is on these but...that's not my impression. Like you, I find M92 recoil to be smooth and the roll is pleasant, but the front sights do not come back to rest any faster than a G34/17/19.

Aggressive grip texture may help.
    Recoils wierd for me too or I'd be all over this. Why Beretta waited so long is beyond me, they're 20yrs too late.

Without a mil contract I wonder how they'll survive in this polymer striker fired market.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The recoil being weird may have something to do with the Vertec frame. I thought my M9a3 felt better in my hand, but I shoot an M9a1 better on the timer. Thus I do not own a 92x. Have y’all tried shooting it with a wraparound grip?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a new 92X and I am unimpressed.

I posted I thought the trigger was smooth. Meh. Too much overtravel and the more I fire it, the more I see some uneveness.

It WILL NOT shoot to POA. I shoot ALL my SIGS, HK, CZs, P99s easily POI/POA. This gun won't DA or SA. Vertec OR traditional grip.

The rear sight is too low - it is .300. The front sight is really poor - a small barely visible dark red dot - that does nothing to help you see it except in the BRIGHTEST light. So the sights are pretty much useless. The fix? about $150. And of course being a Beretta, its not that easy.

SO, I called Beretta CS multiple times. They don't answer their phones and they don't return your call despite a detailed message. You cannot really email them directly. You submit a question into a black hole. I call that non-existent.

I even called LTT. (They will talk to you!). They could install new sights but their nice Ameriglo FS is TALLER than stock - wrong direction folks! So the 92X sights are useless to me.

You hear things like - "change from the Vertec to the 'conventional' angled grip" - it didn't help. BTW - It shoots low in SA too. "Well, the DA is a longer pull than the SIG" - that's known as a deficiency. My P99 is also a longer pull than say my CZs, but they all shoot POA. Yes, sometimes it takes me a bit to dial in when going from a CZ P07 to a SIG P228 to a SP 2022. But after a few mags they all dial in. Not the 92X.

I want to like this gun, but I can't.

I thought I finally found the perfect Beretta. NOT.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-26-20 at 17:47.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast