Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn, I've got the Glock bug...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Damn, I've got the Glock bug...

For people who know me, I am a HUGE DA/SA guy. Have been for years. Sure, I've owned several striker fired guns over 20+ years - but they really have not been my think for the past 12-14 years or so.

Anyway, the Glock 48 caught my attention a few months back. But, I have bought so many guns over the years (3 digits worth), and didn't like them after I owned them. I didn't wanna make that mistake again.

Well, my local range finally got one to rent. I rented it a couple of weeks ago, and I loved it. This gun is fantastic for a guy with smaller hands. But, it still has a 4" barrel. I had the shop order me a blue label one with Ameriglo sights. It came in a few days later, and I took it to the range. Shot very tight groups compared to some of my other guns. Now, it is in my carry rotation.

The gun is very accurate. I like the way it shoots, and it fits my hands better than the double stack G19. What I like it that while it is thinner, it's not TOO thin. The Shield and the XDe seem almost TOO thin. But, the width of the G48 fits my hands just perfect. I only added a Hogue Jr grip to it, because I like rubber grips on most of my guns.

Now, I'm wanting a Glock 43X. Damn, what is happening to me...

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you contract the Glock bug - first off, be glad it isn’t the Corona virus.
    Second - go out and shoot a few hundred rounds through a nice 1911. That has cured many who were previously infected with the Glock bug:)

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can only say for myself, times I have had Glock bug, handling them at the store and or shooting them, cured me real fast. When the 19 came out I admit my curiosity was re booted. The ergos cured me of that.

But, as you liked the ergo ( I have not tried a 48 myself) found it accurate, and GTG, I say go for it! Also, for a single stack 9mm, perhaps rent an S&W Shield too. Legions of Shield out there and they've sold a ton of them.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    If you contract the Glock bug - first off, be glad it isn’t the Corona virus.
    Second - go out and shoot a few hundred rounds through a nice 1911. That has cured many who were previously infected with the Glock bug

geezer john
    Actually, I have owned twelve 1911s over the years, including 2 high end Dan Wessons, 2 Ed Brown Special Forces, and a Springfield Custom Shop 1911. So, I am familiar with 1911s. For me, they have always been range tpys. I haven't carried a 1911 since the late 1990s. And for now, weight is an issue for me for a carry gun. I have SI joint issues, and anything heavier than my Hk P2000 causes me hip pain.

But, for a carry gun, I don't want to have to deactivate any safety levers.

I am transitioning back to striker fired guns as a carry gun, which takes some time getting used to after carrying DA/SA guns for over a decade. But, that APX Centurion I bought back in June of last year has been pushing me back towards striker fired guns. And, the frame size on this Glock is just perfect. Not double stack, but just slightly fatter than something like an M&P Shield.

I've previously owned 3 G17s, a G19, a G26 and two G34s. So, I know Glocks. But, it's been several years since I've had one. And, this G48 is my favorite of them all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

But, as you liked the ergo ( I have not tried a 48 myself) found it accurate, and GTG, I say go for it! Also, for a single stack 9mm, perhaps rent an S&W Shield too. Legions of Shield out there and they've sold a ton of them.
    Yes, I have smaller hands. The double stack Glocks are not nearly as comfortable, I agree. I looked at a G19x a few times over the last year - and yea, the ergos don't do it for me. But, this G48 frame is just perfect. You should hold one and see.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got out of Glocks a while ago, recognizing that they were good guns but not really liking then myself. Over the years I’ve had a G23, G19, G34, and a G26. Only the G23 remains because despite my not being fond of it, and the caliber becoming less relevant by the day, it is still common enough that I felt it prudent to have something in .40 kicking around in the event that was the only handgun ammo I could get for some reason.

However something about the G48 appealed to me, and back at the end of December I bought one.

Well fast forward to now and I’ve got a whole thread going about my G48 in this very sub forum, trying to diagnose some malfunctions. But aside from the couple unexplained hiccups I will say that I too am very fond of the 48. The fact I bothered to start the thread at all should be an indication of how much I like the gun actually, I wouldn’t be so perturbed by malfunctions in a gun I didn’t really care about (like the G23 haha)
    And I’ve fired several hundred more rounds since the malfs with no further problems yet either. So....still kind of unexplained but not recurring as of right now.

I also traded for a G45 a several weeks back now. I only have about 250 rounds through this gun because it’s kind of been on the back burner while I mess with the 48 and continue to practice with my current carry gun, a VP9SK. However my overall impressions of the G45 are quite positive so far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Yes, I have smaller hands. The double stack Glocks are not nearly as comfortable, I agree. I looked at a G19x a few times over the last year - and yea, the ergos don't do it for me. But, this G48 frame is just perfect. You should hold one and see.
    Between the V9 for large capacity CCW, and the Shield for thin low profile carry, both have truly excellent ergos, 48 does not have a role to play in my needs. I will definitely take a look at one if/when I'm in a gun store, but I also never liked the trigger, sites, or grip angle of Glocks.

Only Glock I actually liked that I have been tempted a few times to own, is the 20. In my non professional opinion, the best of the Glock pistols.

If you get a 48, report back when you have 500-1k rnds through it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Every other handgun I've owned was bought, at the most basic level, because having all Glocks gets boring. The only other handgun to ever give me a second's pause from owning anything but Glock 9s was a HK VP9, and, in the end, the Glocks still won because I can work on them myself and readily have or can get spare parts. Just my opinion, but until we move technologically past traditional ammunition fired from a handheld platform, there will not be anything that beats a Glock 9 overall as a handgun. Same goes for a DI AR rifle from a reputable maker.

Feedback Score
    Good choice on the G-Lock. You wont be disappointed. Once you learn to shoot it, you'll be set!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Damn, I've got the Glock bug...
    Ughhh... go take 2 aspirin and a nap until it passes...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast