Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
I have a new 92X and I am unimpressed.

I posted I thought the trigger was smooth. Meh. Too much overtravel and the more I fire it, the more I see some uneveness.

It WILL NOT shoot to POA. I shoot ALL my SIGS, HK, CZs, P99s easily POI/POA. This gun won't DA or SA. Vertec OR traditional grip.

The rear sight is too low - it is .300. The front sight is really poor - a small barely visible dark red dot - that does nothing to help you see it except in the BRIGHTEST light. So the sights are pretty much useless. The fix? about $150. And of course being a Beretta, its not that easy.

SO, I called Beretta CS multiple times. They don't answer their phones and they don't return your call despite a detailed message. You cannot really email them directly. You submit a question into a black hole. I call that non-existent.

I even called LTT. (They will talk to you!). They could install new sights but their nice Ameriglo FS is TALLER than stock - wrong direction folks! So the 92X sights are useless to me.

You hear things like - "change from the Vertec to the 'conventional' angled grip" - it didn't help. BTW - It shoots low in SA too. "Well, the DA is a longer pull than the SIG" - that's known as a deficiency. My P99 is also a longer pull than say my CZs, but they all shoot POA. Yes, sometimes it takes me a bit to dial in when going from a CZ P07 to a SIG P228 to a SP 2022. But after a few mags they all dial in. Not the 92X.

I want to like this gun, but I can't.

I thought I finally found the perfect Beretta. NOT.
Some things just are not right for some people.

Some 5.25 XDM 9mm I bought on sort of a whim,
I was giving my son a run through several pistols to pick what he liked.

Nothing fits my hand and points better for me.

Some old 92FS Inox frame someone had done in a weird Glossy black robar and had a Langdon speed bump trigger done I bought used. I G Converted an upper for it, it does not have the checkering, I threw on some parts box spare sights, etc. but it shoots neck and neck with my trigger job straight from Langdon LTT.
I have like 400 bucks in it and it goes neck and neck with a gun costing far more.