Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Beretta 92X series

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I have a new 92X and I am unimpressed.

I posted I thought the trigger was smooth. Meh. Too much overtravel and the more I fire it, the more I see some uneveness.

It WILL NOT shoot to POA. I shoot ALL my SIGS, HK, CZs, P99s easily POI/POA. This gun won't DA or SA. Vertec OR traditional grip.

The rear sight is too low - it is .300. The front sight is really poor - a small barely visible dark red dot - that does nothing to help you see it except in the BRIGHTEST light. So the sights are pretty much useless. The fix? about $150. And of course being a Beretta, its not that easy.

SO, I called Beretta CS multiple times. They don't answer their phones and they don't return your call despite a detailed message. You cannot really email them directly. You submit a question into a black hole. I call that non-existent.

I even called LTT. (They will talk to you!). They could install new sights but their nice Ameriglo FS is TALLER than stock - wrong direction folks! So the 92X sights are useless to me.

You hear things like - "change from the Vertec to the 'conventional' angled grip" - it didn't help. BTW - It shoots low in SA too. "Well, the DA is a longer pull than the SIG" - that's known as a deficiency. My P99 is also a longer pull than say my CZs, but they all shoot POA. Yes, sometimes it takes me a bit to dial in when going from a CZ P07 to a SIG P228 to a SP 2022. But after a few mags they all dial in. Not the 92X.

I want to like this gun, but I can't.

I thought I finally found the perfect Beretta. NOT.
    Some things just are not right for some people.

Some 5.25 XDM 9mm I bought on sort of a whim,
    I was giving my son a run through several pistols to pick what he liked.

Nothing fits my hand and points better for me.

Some old 92FS Inox frame someone had done in a weird Glossy black robar and had a Langdon speed bump trigger done I bought used. I G Converted an upper for it, it does not have the checkering, I threw on some parts box spare sights, etc. but it shoots neck and neck with my trigger job straight from Langdon LTT.
    I have like 400 bucks in it and it goes neck and neck with a gun costing far more.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P2022, P228, P226, P99, CZ 75, P07, P09, all POI=POA. I have changed sights on most still POI=POA. DA or SA. POI=POA.

92X NOT. 92X bad, shooter OK.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-27-20 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    P2022, P228, P226, P99, CZ 75, P07, P09, all POI=POA. I have changed sights on most still POI=POA. DA or SA. POI=POA.

92X NOT. 92X bad, shooter OK.
    That doesn't make sense. So you're saying all of those other guns shoot POA and the 92X doesn't? If POI = POA, then it's just POA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Whatever - I put the dot on the bull and it hits. 92X NOT. Shoots low.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I recently got a 92X Centurion. I've installed a Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag with the 13 lb. hammer spring.

Here are my impressions:
    -The grips are super grippy. Maybe the grippiest grips I've ever gripped. Along with the front and back strap checkering, nothing is slippery. It reminds me of the M&P M2.0.
    -The sights are a huge improvement over the previous three white dots that are on the 92A1. I've only shot 300 rounds so far, but I don't see a need to change the sights. I would have changed the sights on any previous generation of Beretta 92.
    -The vertec shape of the grip, which I expected to hate, is better than I anticipated. Perhaps the great traction allows a relatively small circumference to work well, whereas a more slippery gun would require a larger circumference to accomplish the same thing. Just a theory.
    -The machining is disappointing. The two blemishes are only cosmetic, but annoying. A burr under the front sight scratched the top of the barrel, and the hood above the breach face looks like corduroy.

As a side note, I've really enjoyed the Trigger Job in a Bag. It was fun to install, and the results are as good as I could have imagined. The trigger was pretty good out of the box. Now, the trigger is very good.
    Last edited by RKB Armory; 03-20-20 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just installed the TJIB. Yes, it is awesome. Best $170 I’ve ever spent on a gun period. Even beats my better SIGS. Now I’ll find out better what it does.

It is VERY smooth - the only thing I can feel is the FPB and just barely. The Reset is shorter than my P99. The SA has NO creep and feels like 3.5 LB - or less. Beats the snot out of anything else less than $1200.
    Last edited by m4brian; 03-20-20 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If anyone is interested, you can see a full review, with pictures, of my 92X Centurion on my store's website.

http://https://www.rkbarmory.com/rev...92x-centurion/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678