Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92X series

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    No, not those guns.

I mean the Combat, and some of the others that were listed as comp guns,

There was not really a niche for them in Production or SSP like what you mention.

Sort of like their new steel SA frame mounted safety.

It will give up capacity for the mag length in Open or Limited and not be eligible for Production. Is it meant for limited 10?
    I believe its meant for "standard" division in IPSC which to my understanding is hugely popular and is kind of like limited but with 9mm guns and 15 round mags. I THINK...

This is all if I remember correctly having read that rule book a billion years ago.

As far as the 92X line goes. Man, holy shit are these nice. I cannot for the life of me shoot a beretta and it has nothing to do with the DA pull which I adore. It has everything to do with the recoil impulse which to me, oscillates in a very weird manner. The front of the gun simply does not settle down for me post recoil as it returns to battery. I tried every manner of recoil spring possible and there is just something in the harmonics of the gun that wont work with my eyeballs/shooting style/brain.

The only thing that these pistols are missing are the front serrations. I dont understand why Beretta omitted them.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

As far as the 92X line goes. Man, holy shit are these nice. I cannot for the life of me shoot a beretta and it has nothing to do with the DA pull which I adore. It has everything to do with the recoil impulse which to me, oscillates in a very weird manner. The front of the gun simply does not settle down for me post recoil as it returns to battery. I tried every manner of recoil spring possible and there is just something in the harmonics of the gun that wont work with my eyeballs/shooting style/brain.

The only thing that these pistols are missing are the front serrations. I dont understand why Beretta omitted them.
    Funny you should say that.

I always read about low and smooth the recoil and recovery is on these but...that's not my impression. Like you, I find M92 recoil to be smooth and the roll is pleasant, but the front sights do not come back to rest any faster than a G34/17/19.

Aggressive grip texture may help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I'm REALLY considering a 92X Centurion. Someone talk me out of it? It'll be the first DA/SA gun I've owned in 10 years, so the only things holding me backs are the manual of arms and that I've never been good with a DA first pull on an auto. I've always loved Berettas, though, and I've owned at least 3 variants of the 92 over the years...still regret selling my original Vertec.
    Trying not to buy one myself. I just have to tell myself I'm not going to routinely carry such a large pistol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Funny you should say that.

I always read about low and smooth the recoil and recovery is on these but...that's not my impression. Like you, I find M92 recoil to be smooth and the roll is pleasant, but the front sights do not come back to rest any faster than a G34/17/19.

Aggressive grip texture may help.
    The guns are smooth. Its the fact that for whatever reason, when the gun returns to battery, the front sight simply does a weird non consistent "figure 8" motion. Its the only gun that has ever done this for me and I have no clue what the reasoning behind it is. I have slow motion footage somewhere. Its not a matter of the grip shifting in my hands. Even with a decent amount of "wrist break" on my dominant hand without the pistol shifting, the gun still returns to battery "funny" for me.

This is ALL subjective and an entirely emotional thing as to date, I cannot find any scientific reason as to why the gun would "feel" this way to me.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That's very interesting, mine seem to recoil in an easier manner than my Glocks. I have faster and more consistently accurate follow-up shots with a Beretta, measured on the timer and on a B-8 with a ruler.

That would drive me nuts, I hope you get everything dialed in the way you like.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That's very interesting, mine seem to recoil in an easier manner than my Glocks. I have faster and more consistently accurate follow-up shots with a Beretta, measured on the timer and on a B-8 with a ruler.

That would drive me nuts, I hope you get everything dialed in the way you like.
    I've since moved on and consider Beretta's a fantasy for me. I have really nothing poor to say about the platform and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone seeking a DA/SA platform. Maybe after I retire and I kick this stupid "I need to train with what I use for work notion!" Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Anyway, back on topic!

Does anyone have any comparison opinions between the centurion and full size pistols? Just handling the centurion was dream like.

Feedback Score
    Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Anyway, back on topic!

Does anyone have any comparison opinions between the centurion and full size pistols? Just handling the centurion was dream like.
    I agree with that. Rarely fire my Glock.

I need to rent a m92x centurion. Yea, I doubt such a rental is available.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    .... Maybe after I retire and I kick this stupid "I need to train with what I use for work notion!" Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Brother, I am in the same boat. It's the practical side of me, I'd hate getting kilted on da streetz.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beretta is offering a $100 rebate on the 92x series now. http://promo.beretta.com/2020-92x-promo-100-back
    I saw the full size model online for about $560 so $460 after a rebate. Had it been the compact I probably couldn’t have resisted.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 02-22-20 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Where are you seeing a full-size 92X model on sale for $560? I'd like to snag one of those.

Thanks very much.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast