Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a step up from my old Rothco PC? Also, what soft armor for the old Rothco PC?

Feedback Score

What is a step up from my old Rothco PC? Also, what soft armor for the old Rothco PC?

I've had my old Rothco PC for years but never put any armor in it before, I just used it as a LBV. I want to put soft armor in this rig to keep it lighter than my "minimalist" GGG PC with steel armor which weighs in at 20lbs with 3 full mags as the only thing on it. What size and brand soft armor level IIIA and trauma pads do I need for front, rear and side pockets?

I'm also looking for a step up from the Rothco. No Condor, I don't like the MOPC at all.

Feedback Score
    Rothco is lower in quality then condor. You may want to invest in something that you don’t have to custom fit or modify.

Feedback Score
    I had a MOPC and it was very uncomfortable and shouldering a rifle was difficult. The shoulder buckles were on the front instead of the rear and without the shoulder pads on the rothco manipulating a rifle is good.

My budget is between $150-200

Last edited by Rrotz; 12-29-19 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    https://www.skdtac.com/Plate-Carrier...how=280&page=1

Start here and start looking at what others have.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Go to OP Tactical and buy the Mayflower APC they have for $225.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think interested in the velocity systems scarab lt but which one there are dozens. I think I want one without the zipper back and web tube Cumberland....which model is that one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrotz; 12-31-19 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    I think interested in the velocity systems scarab but which one there are dozens. I think I want one without the zipper back and web tube Cumberland....which model is that one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Where can I find a Velocity Systems Scarab LE or LT multicam for $300 or less? I'll need the side plate Cumberbund. I want to be able to utilize and swap out my Spiritus mk4 or Haley. I like the slim shoulder straps. I'd like a set just like John Lovells.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    Where can I find a Velocity Systems Scarab LE or LT multicam for $300 or less? I'll need the side plate Cumberbund. I want to be able to utilize and swap out my Spiritus mk4 or Haley. I like the slim shoulder straps. I'd like a set just like John Lovells.

You'll have to time it right with a major sale, those aren't cheap carriers. I have one though and its absolutely fantastic. The LE model is the one without the back zippers, though I would recommend keeping those for a zip on back panel later. The cummerbund is use with mine for side plates is the CBN3.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    You'll have to time it right with a major sale, those aren't cheap carriers. I have one though and its absolutely fantastic. The LE model is the one without the back zippers, though I would recommend keeping those for a zip on back panel later. The cummerbund is use with mine for side plates is the CBN3.
    How much did you yours for, what's the target price? Ill rock my Rothco for now.

I don't want the back zipper, I'd rather be able to wear a backpack and be able to drop it.

Last edited by Rrotz; 12-31-19 at 09:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast