Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Top-Tier AR Brand Advice

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah that’s what everyone’s said. I fought that notion until my factory rifle started giving me problems. I actually just realized that it’s a chainsaw lower, despite paying full price for it...
    But lets be honest - every rifle, optic, and accessory gives you fits... Noveske, BCM, KAC, Vortex... I'm sure that I've missed some...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Top-Tier AR Brand Advice

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    But lets be honest - every rifle, optic, and accessory gives you fits... Noveske, BCM, KAC, Vortex... I'm sure that I've missed some...
    Ha, truth. Though I try to clarify that the BCM may not have been as big of an issue since the scope was jacked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Ha, truth. Though I try to clarify that the BCM may not have been as big of an issue since the scope was jacked up.
    Just giving you $hit. I know it can happen and no company is infallible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    I just want to apologize in advance for making another of the “what brand of AR should I get” posts. I just want to be as straight forward as possible. I’ve grew up shooting AR’s my entire life with everyone in my family owning at least a few. It has finally come time for me to buy my own after recently turning 18. I would consider myself fairly knowledgeable in reference to the higher end AR brands, but I am stuck in the process of deciding which to buy my first AR from. I am looking for solid, reliable, and high quality rifle that I could depend on to handle any situation. I have made myself a budget of $1,500 (willing to work a little with it). I’m looking for a 14.5 or a 16 inch barrel, I am a little interested in the 14.5 due to having a few other 16 inch AR’s in our household, but will be fine with a 16. I have done a good amount out research on BCM’s Recce AR’s, Daniel Defense particularly with their V-7, LMT, LWRC, and LaRue. I live on a decent sized farm and we all frequently shoot, predator hunt, and I also would like to of course have the AR for any defense needs at home or on the farm. I am currently in college and am not in the place where I can spend $2,000+ on an AR-15 without making sacrifices to necessities; however, I just want to make sure that I do it the right way and spend enough money to where I am able to have a solid, established brand, well-built, reliable, and dependable AR-15. I also apologize for the paragraph, I just want to make an educated decision.
    I like LMT and BCM. You can get a LMT for $1299 online and in stock, then put a Sig Romeo 5 on it for now. Later upgrade to a better sight and KAC RAS when you can afford it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I like LMT and BCM. You can get a LMT for $1299 online and in stock, then put a Sig Romeo 5 on it for now. Later upgrade to a better sight and KAC RAS when you can afford it.
    Sounds practical advice. I just threw a Romeo 5 on the 6920. Works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Sounds practical advice. I just threw a Romeo 5 on the 6920. Works.
    I like that when you put the rifle down, the sight turns off. You pick it up and the sight automatically turns on.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Isn’t the FBI moving away from Romeos due to durability concerns?
    Last edited by JediGuy; 08-18-19 at 19:01. Reason: Made it a question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Isn’t the FBI moving away from Romeos due to durability concerns?
    The point is, its $150

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The point is, its $150
    Yes...

Feedback Score
    You can get a LMT for $1299 online and in stock
    Where do you find any LMT rifles online? Gun.deals shows nothing and all the major online retailers don't even list them either.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast