Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-Tier AR Brand Advice

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sionics makes very good quality rifles at a great price.
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 08-09-19 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    I'd assemble my own and get exactly the barrel, handguard, bcg, etc. that I wanted.
    I build my rifles from stripped components but I disagree. GibsonBanjos is wanting something assembled and vetted by the company. Money dropped into torque wrenches, assembly jigs, and so on and so forth along with verifying and troubleshooting what you put together is money that could be spent on ammunition actually practicing.

A basic Colt may not be the prettiest but it will be test fired for function. GB could also go with Sionics Weapon Systems and get a nicely appointed base 16" mid gas rifle in their Patrol Three-E. Both options will leave headroom for purchasing an Aimpoint Patrol with base.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Last edited by trauma; 07-27-19 at 23:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LWRC DI is a lot of rifle for about that price.

Otherwise, all of the above mentioned brands are gtg.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have got a BCM and quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OP, what part of the state are you in? I ask because I used to be in SE Va and can point you towards either a good dealer for purchase or transfer.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    You can get a PWS Mk114 (or Mk116) Mod 2 for $200 over your budget, or the Mod-1M for $200 under your budget. Same gun, just different look and one has ambi controls, the other doesn't.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Stick asked an important question:

Red dot or magnified optic?
    Is that part of the $1500?

That will say a lot about how you want to use, and also how much money you really have for the rifle.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    I just want to apologize in advance for making another of the “what brand of AR should I get” posts.
    Not sure how much you’ve looked on this site, but this has all been covered several times even within your same budget. In some of this threads, I’ve gone into detail on my personal preferences but short version is that a basic Colt will get you everything you need in a good AR and leave you room to have a nice optic and maybe a light. A BCM will leave you less financial room for those accessories but will give you a much nicer rifle with more options and better upgrades like all of their Gunfighter accessories that they include. BCM is my go-to and 100% worth the extra cost IMO. That being said, there are several people here who have KACs and have said that if they were to start all over again, that’s the only brand they go with. I don’t have the rounds through mine to make that claim but Palmetto State Armory has complete lowers for like $100 right now. If you stretched your budget a little bit, you could get a KAC upper and go cheap on a PSA lower and Sig/Holosun/Vortex (my preference) red dot and should have a decent setup. As time and money allows and the cheaper stuff starts to fail, you can upgrade lower parts and the optic as well as add a light. But you’d be starting with arguably the pinnacle of AR uppers and the lower and optic should at least work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Colt LE6920R and Primary Arms Gen II 3X Compact Prism Scope - Illuminated ACSS CQB-M2 5.56 Reticle. Great HD / Varment setup. You should be within your price range or fairly close to it.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    OP, what part of the state are you in? I ask because I used to be in SE Va and can point you towards either a good dealer for purchase or transfer.
    I live in Ararat in western Patrick County. That would be really helpful.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast