Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Serbian infantry rifle

Feedback Score
    I was hoping if the Serbs adopt 6.5g and Zastava imports their own stuff over here we’d see a 6.5g AK hit the market.
    Would be curious what ‘mods’ they made to 6.5g as it’s already a reliable autofeeding cartridge. More taper? But that would reduce case volume. Or is it such a minor difference that their weapons can run both, like the difference between .223 & 5.56.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

Doesn't the CZ Bren S2 already trump this in EVERY way?

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    The 6.5×38.7 mm round, developed by Serbia's Prvi Partizan, leverages work on the company's 6.5×39 mm Grendel cartridge, but it has been optimised to be fired from automatic and semi-automatic weapons.
    I'd like to see what the differences are. I've run plenty of Russian steel cased 6.5 Grendel on full auto through my M16 and have not had an issue. I'd assume that if it will run steel cased, brass cased would also work through the same rifle and steel cased would work through an AK variant.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

In every way except for cost to tool up for domestic manufacturing...

It will be far less expensive for Serbia to continue to use their stamped steel receivers, bolt heads, and carriers w/ piston rod. It is like a reverse of .300 Blackout but in an AKM.

Again from a cost and domestic manufacturing standpoint for their military it makes sense.

Feedback Score
    I would be interested in the Zastava in 7.62x39 mm that takes AK mags and has an adjustable gas block for suppressed use. I would pay $2-3k for that. Hope my fellow Serbs are reading this (I am only a 1/4 Serb ;-) ).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

Proprietary mags. No adjustable gas block for our market yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Proprietary mags. No adjustable gas block for our market yet.
    It has adjustable gas. Normal, Adverse, and Off. The suppressed setting only requires a small modification to the off setting, or modification to add a 4th setting. The affected part is also small and easy to replace, so a swap out replacement would be easy for the aftermarket or manufacturer to provide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    It has adjustable gas. Normal, Adverse, and Off. The suppressed setting only requires a small modification to the off setting, or modification to add a 4th setting. The affected part is also small and easy to replace, so a swap out replacement would be easy for the aftermarket or manufacturer to provide.
    and when will CZ be providing these gas valves? It should come from the factory with the option. It’s why I haven’t purchased one. I rather buy a Rifle Dynamics AK for 7.62x39 than the Bren 2 despite the lack of a picatinny rail.

Edited to clarify: I was referring to the lack
    of a suppressor setting from the factory in my original post. How often will you need adverse unless you are in the artic or full of mud/sand?
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 08-01-19 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looks like an orphan from the B&T tool room
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just. Buy. HK416s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast