Thread: Saker 556 Handguard length 10.5" Barrel

Feedback Score

Saker 556 Handguard length 10.5" Barrel

I had a conjugal visit with my Saker 556 this weekend. I shot it with my sig 556xi which is also in jail.

I want to set up a AR and was wondering wand types of setup you all are using with 10.5" barrel.

Thanks
    Last edited by COJeff; 07-28-19 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is there a particular reason you want specifically a 10.5” inch barrel?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Just about any 9" or 9.5" free float rail/hand guard will work with a 10.3/10.5" barrel. If you are working with a fixed front sight post, a 7" rail will work, but there are some rails out there that are longer, but cut specifically to accept the fixed front sight post, like the Centurion Arms C4 carbine length cutout. I only have one 10.3" gun and it wears a 9.5" Wedgelock from Triarc Systems. I also run a Saker 556 on this gun and that is a SAKER 249ASR flash hider that is on the upper.

IMG_5398.jpg
    Last edited by drtywk; 07-29-19 at 10:26.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    10.5” barrel. Handguard is a YHM Diamond, but I’m not sure if it’s the 9.3” or 9.6” (they offer both and I’m not 100% sure where the measure). Running a Saker 556 with the YHM adapter (not the SiCo Y-Mount, which I used to use).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Is there a particular reason you want specifically a 10.5” inch barrel?
    The is what the cool people use! I also have a ballistic advantage 10.5" barrel sitting wrapped up.