Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best non-firearm weapons against viscious dogs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The cattle prod suggestion should work. A buddy of mine who raised Pits and hunted with them used it and said that thing did the job. He said make sure you get the green one. I guess that was the high power one. He told me that if they were acting up, all he had to do was bring it up to the window and arc it once. They all calmed down immediately.
    The key is non-lethal, and doesn't do any harm to the canine. Many times, just the arcing sound freaks them out - they don't know what it is and triggers something in their brain, maybe like the sound of a Rattler. I did run into one particularly aggressive mongrel dog once and the application of the cattle prod to the snoot made it nearly do a back flip. Dog was no problem after that.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    I'm liking the idea of OC backed by a gun for the house / out walking.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A 4-6 foot staff will take care of a lot issues. And yes in Florida, I think they have a yap yap dog requirement to live here, annoying little f'ers. They can be punted rather well or eaten by a gator.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234