Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Daniel Defense DDM V3-5 rifles

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Will barrels and bolts/bcg’s be offered as stand alone components? Are the barrel/handguard bolt holes in the receiver helicoiled? The change to the charging handle is welcome.
    I'm sure we'll offer components as stand alone items in the near future. We will absolutely be selling the v3/v4/v5 URGs which are backwards compatible with v1/v2 Lowers.

Yes, the holes in the receiver are helicoiled.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    Forgot to ask about the bolt. Dual ejectors? Any changes to the bolt face geometry?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply (I’m also themao on AR15.com). https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/DD5V4/382-292919/

Good to hear you switched to a conventional AR-10 handle.

Any issues with the gas block coming lose when shooting suppressed over several thousand rounds? That is how I would use this weapon like my SCAR-H. I’d throw a 1-8x scope on top and shoot it mostly suppressed. Sort of surprised you didn’t pin the gas block like all your other rifles or develop something similar to Knight’s armament. Did you make and design the gas block or are you using someone else’s?

Last but not least, can I throw a Geissele trigger in the lower? What weight carbine buffer are you using? I would guess you tuned the gas block to the spring and buffer the rifle comes with.

Hope you guys get a military contract with this rifle. Your barrels are great. I own a DD upper and some of your 6 bolt handguards from way back. Love them.

I'm sure there is a logical reason why our engineers designed the gas block to be attached with set screws vs. a Taper Pin. As mentioned earlier, I will find out and report back. The gas block is 100% our design.

You can install any AR15/AR10 pattern Trigger in the DD5. It will accept all of them. As for the buffer/spring, these are proprietary components. Since we're using Mil-Spec 6 Position Receiver Extensions, we had to make the buffer shorter in order to accommodate the additional length of the bolt carrier.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Forgot to ask about the bolt. Dual ejectors? Any changes to the bolt face geometry?
    Yes, the DD5 Bolt has Dual Ejectors. We did make some changes to the carrier and bolt to help with more consistent heat treat. There have also been some updates to the design of the extractor as well. At first glance, the surface finish is the most obvious change. It's super finished and DLC Coated. Super slick and very easy to clean.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Any idea on the barrel life of your 18in 6.5CM? Any chance we will see a 16in 6.5 CHF barrel from you guys?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    I'm sure we'll offer components as stand alone items in the near future. We will absolutely be selling the v3/v4/v5 URGs which are backwards compatible with v1/v2 Lowers.

Yes, the holes in the receiver are helicoiled.
    Thanks for answering our questions.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the answers. Let us know what the engineers say. It’s interesting how BCM is doing set screw gas blocks and Knights is using a torqued on gas block (mod 2) with great success. Goes against the teaching that anything but a tapered pin will not hold up with heavy use.

Feedback Score
    Last stupid question (I swear), will this work on your upper:

https://geissele.com/762-caliber-reaction-rod.html

I will have to change your FH for a Surefire since I have a SOCOM 762 (unless I can order a rifle from your factory with a Surefire FH in 7.62).

Feedback Score
    Will these be able to take a Magpul UBR or PRS stock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    That's a question I don't currently have the answer to. I'll speak with the design engineer and get you an answer.
    In speaking with our engineers, the dual set screws are an improvement over the pins we were using in early DD5s. High Round Count Endurance Testing on multiple rifles yielded favorable results with none of the fasteners coming loose thus maintaining a positive seal around the gas port.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast