Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clever Glock marketing strategy perhaps?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glock’s marketing strategy: “Buy it, it’s a Glock”.

Bam, people lined up outside to buy one.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    You're saying the same thing essentially. The question is why they delayed the release of the black slide, and the answer is that they knew people wouldn't buy the silver ones in the volumes they already have if they guns were offered in both black and silver from the beginning.
    This really doesn't make much sense as an explanation as to why silver slides, and why first. If the slides were finished in silver, I imagine they could have just as easily been finished with a black coating. Had they done that up front, they probably would have sold even more guns at the launch of the 43x and 48. Glock generally does not keep inventory on hand, and produces to order, so arguing they already had that color slide in inventory may not make sense either.

Don't forget that the firearm market is more than just the US. Maybe they had market research that said this would be a popular color combination in other parts of the world. Sometimes these things are not even decided using any type of real market research or logic. Maybe the engineer in charge of that product just liked silver colored slides. Product configuration decisions have been made that way before.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe Glock brought out the silver slide for the same reason Ford introduced the Edsel
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Take the same gun and offer variations for slide color, frame color, sights, mos, rail, front serrations, threaded barrel.
    Then have LV do his version.
    All without any real innovation.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Take the same gun and offer variations for slide color, frame color, sights, mos, rail, front serrations, threaded barrel.
    Then have LV do his version.
    All without any real innovation.
    Sooo......Sig a few years ago? I remember I counted once. There was like 27 variations of just the 226.

Feedback Score
    Sig for sure probably holds the record and used it in place of QC.
    Glock isn't trying to cover a slide in quality at least.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Anyone read the results on the MAC testing of the decked out G17 Gen4 with a Glockmeister Gen 4 frame plug installed, Beretta PX4 was stock and HK P30 with only one custom, the USP hammer Spring? You Glock lovers will not like those results at all. It also failed at the same sandy water phase performed by a Navy SEAL and MARSOC testing. Not to put anyone in a panic, the chances of your pistola facing these conditions would be rare. However, the results even surprised me that 4 additional the G17 sent in to test failed and could not be repaired. The PX4 jammed but after a quick rinsing it went bang. The HK P30 went bang even under water. I am not a HK fan boy even though I own a few pistols and long bangers, I also like CZ, Walther and the Sig P320 and 226. I was just wondering if anyone had read or seen that testing on those 3 pistols.

Feedback Score
    My favorite part is how they still haven't made a G19L (19 grip length with a 17 slide), but they DID make the Gen5 guns compatible with each other, so you have to buy TWO guns to get a 19L if you want one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
    Anyone read the results on the MAC testing of the decked out G17 Gen4 with a Glockmeister Gen 4 frame plug installed, Beretta PX4 was stock and HK P30 with only one custom, the USP hammer Spring? You Glock lovers will not like those results at all. It also failed at the same sandy water phase performed by a Navy SEAL and MARSOC testing. Not to put anyone in a panic, the chances of your pistola facing these conditions would be rare. However, the results even surprised me that 4 additional the G17 sent in to test failed and could not be repaired. The PX4 jammed but after a quick rinsing it went bang. The HK P30 went bang even under water. I am not a HK fan boy even though I own a few pistols and long bangers, I also like CZ, Walther and the Sig P320 and 226. I was just wondering if anyone had read or seen that testing on those 3 pistols.
    The thing with Mac's "testing" is that he's testing ONE gun and using it as representation of the line. His testing methodology is also not controlled and has FAR too many variables to lead to any meaningful conclusions. Maybe during his mud test a slightly larger pebble got into one gun but not the others and caused a malfunction, then he says "Gee I'm surprised at gun X, it failed after one magazine."

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock 48 with the silver colored slide. It is likely the best feeling pistol in my hand I've ever had. The silver color doesn't bother me, although if a black one had been available I would've bought it instead. It's also not like I'm going to dump the one I have just so I can go out and buy one with a black slide.

YMMV
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast