Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light and laser setup

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Light and laser setup

What light/laser set up do you guys run with your night vision?

I love the inforce WML and run one on top front part of rail 12oclock. No front buis

But recently got night vision and want to run a dbal a3 in that spot and thinking of running the inforce WML with IR on the right side 3oclock since I'm a lefty

Although I thought of going w a surefire m300 on the left side 9oclock (out of the way of my support hand) with sr7-d-it dual pressure switch with the dbal a3 setup for easier operation. But don't normally run a surefire

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I switched from the InForce IR to the Surefire Vampire.

The Surefire is dramatically better.

My InForce is on my helmet now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also, neither LED nor the class-1 DBAL will get you much past a hundred yards depending on lighting conditions.

Just so you know.

Last edited by mig1nc; 07-31-19 at 05:27.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I switched from the InForce IR to the Surefire Vampire.

The Surefire is dramatically better.

My InForce is on my helmet now.

What's better about it? Curious
    Thanks for your reply

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What are you going to run for a white light? Is your plan to run the WML IR for both white and IR? Pretty hard to switch back and forth when you need one or the other as white light should always have an immediately ON role.

I dont think you will be overall happy with the illuminator on the DBAL for both CQB and long range applications as pointed out. The WML IR is a great little IR flash light but I find the Vampires to have more depth, be more robust and have better switching options though I am not of fan of pressure pads as they are prone to failure.

Just about all the class 1 illuminators suck and anything full power can be overpowering when used close. I run the B.E. Meyers MAWL and it by far is the best solution bar none and while expensive worth the added cost as it simply solves so many issues in addition to its overall kick ass performance.

Nothing after dark is cheap! What night vision devise did you settle on?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was also going to mention the MAWL as an option. I have been doing my research and that seems to be the one I will go with as I save my pennies for it.

**WARNING!** poster is going in directions he never though likely: just recently got into LPVOs and is now looking at IR and NVD so he is flooded with new information, and possibly only good for bad monetary(not cheap), decision making lol***
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    What are you going to run for a white light? Is your plan to run the WML IR for both white and IR? Pretty hard to switch back and forth when you need one or the other as white light should always have an immediately ON role.

I dont think you will be overall happy with the illuminator on the DBAL for both CQB and long range applications as pointed out. The WML IR is a great little IR flash light but I find the Vampires to have more depth, be more robust and have better switching options though I am not of fan of pressure pads as they are prone to failure.

Just about all the class 1 illuminators suck and anything full power can be overpowering when used close. I run the B.E. Meyers MAWL and it by far is the best solution bar none and while expensive worth the added cost as it simply solves so many issues in addition to its overall kick ass performance.

Nothing after dark is cheap! What night vision devise did you settle on?
    Just a basic pvs 14 running a dbal a3
    And yes for the inforce apl it's the basic white and ir capable light
    Not expecting to go too far out with that setup and IR capability

Would love a mwal but don't think I can afford one right now
    Maybe that's what I'll start saving up for

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    To answer your question, I hate the switchology with a passion.

I shot one night vision match with it before ditching it as a weapon light and sticking it up on my helmet.

I use a unity tactical taps switch for a class-3b laser with the vampire.

I keep the vampire in white mode since my laser illuminator is good to go. The IR on the vampire is just a backup system. I like redundancy.

If I were to start today I would get the new Russian Perst-3 and buy it from Black Phase Tactical. That way you have an American dealer to talk to.

By the way, full power laser illuminators are fine up close in low mode, or you can use a diffuser.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Why do you say white light should always have an immediate on role? I'm no gunfighter, but I'm told the opposite by friends who are, as accidental discharge of white light has much more severe consequences in a tactical scenario.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
    Why do you say white light should always have an immediate on role? I'm no gunfighter, but I'm told the opposite by friends who are, as accidental discharge of white light has much more severe consequences in a tactical scenario.
    My point is you should always have immediate access to your white light if needed. If you only run a Vampire then you have to take time to change your grip, find the light and rotate the head to the IR or White Light setting. When you need white light there is no time for that period no matter who you are. If your having accidental white light discharges then you either have your weapon light set up wrong or have a shit light.

There are many reasons why you might immediately go to white light while wearing NVGs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast