Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light and laser setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    My point is you should always have immediate access to your white light if needed. If you only run a Vampire then you have to take time to change your grip, find the light and rotate the head to the IR or White Light setting. When you need white light there is no time for that period no matter who you are. If your having accidental white light discharges then you either have your weapon light set up wrong or have a shit light.

There are many reasons why you might immediately go to white light while wearing NVGs.
    I have no expertise in the matter, but the SMEs I know generally say otherwise - white light is a significant liability in a combat environment, and if you do need white light, you generally have time to switch your Vampire or use a handheld for SSE or whatever. I'm sure there is no universal right answer to this question, I was just curious as to your logic.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Short of thermal NV is the ultimate force multiplier in this context and everything should be done to maximize its application until circumstances necessitate otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
    I have no expertise in the matter, but the SMEs I know generally say otherwise - white light is a significant liability in a combat environment, and if you do need white light, you generally have time to switch your Vampire or use a handheld for SSE or whatever. I'm sure there is no universal right answer to this question, I was just curious as to your logic.
    First seeing this is now off track and becoming a discussion about the use of white light can we agree that having a white weapon light on your fighting gun is pretty much a necessity? YES? They ask yourself why? A combat environment is a structure, a vehicle or a street with shadows. There are times those areas need cleared with white light and weapon with white light can push through other sources of light and photonic barriers.

If you and your SME's wish to roll without white light rock on. The one thing we cant get back is time and I will never roll with a fighting weapon that doesn't have a white weapon light on it.

The right answer is to have a white light on your weapon.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sage Dynamics has some really good videos on how to setup a rifle for night fighting with white and IR.

I definitely recommend looking him up on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    First seeing this is now off track and becoming a discussion about the use of white light can we agree that having a white weapon light on your fighting gun is pretty much a necessity? YES? They ask yourself why? A combat environment is a structure, a vehicle or a street with shadows. There are times those areas need cleared with white light and weapon with white light can push through other sources of light and photonic barriers.

If you and your SME's wish to roll without white light rock on. The one thing we cant get back is time and I will never roll with a fighting weapon that doesn't have a white weapon light on it.

The right answer is to have a white light on your weapon.
    You need to chill, dude. Take a minute to consider what is being said. I told you I don't have a dog in the fight, so no need to get your panties in a twist over a simple question that has actual merit.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Sage Dynamics has some really good videos on how to setup a rifle for night fighting with white and IR.

I definitely recommend looking him up on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    thanks I will check him out.

any other opinions anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12