Thread: SOLD Early Plainfield M1 Carbine w/some GI Parts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SOLD Early Plainfield M1 Carbine w/some GI Parts

SOLD

I am selling one (1) PLAINFIELD MACHINE CO., INC., Middlesex, New Jersey M1 Carbine S/N G228.

I believe this Plainfield M1 Carbine is unfired and was produced between 1962 and 1963. I found No Carbon deposits in the Receiver, Barrel, or Walnut Stock. The owner passed away. It is S/N G228 and is number 7,015 in production. It is also covered in thick grease.

It has the following As New GI Parts:

1. National Postal Meter Trigger Housing — I do not know if the trigger group in the GI housing is GI or Commercial.
    2. Saginaw Flat Bolt — I do not know if the GI Bolt internals are GI or Commercial.
    3. Saginaw Barrel Band with Bayonet Lug.
    4. CC M marked Magazine release.
    5. Underwood marked Flip Safety.

The barrel was made by Small Arms Manufacturing of Bridgeville, Pa, predecessor to the current barrel manufacture E. R. Shaw, and has 12 Groves.

The Rear Site is Milled without any markings. The Slide is marked with “53”. There are no markings on the Walnut Stock. Plainfield produced their own Walnut Stocks early on in the produce line. This is one of those. All other parts appear to be Plainfield.

This does have an unmarked oiler and what I think is a Post WWII GI Sling that is not pictured. The sling is included with the sale.

This Plainfield M1 Carbine is pictured with a 15 round Commercial Magazine that is not included with this sale. However it does come with a Commercial 30 round Magazine. I inserted the wrong Magazine for the pictures.

This will make a Great Shooter. My price is $600.00. Shipping to an FFL Only is extra. No Sales to CA or any other Ban States. No Exceptions!!!.

Payment must be made with USPS MO.

If I must use an FFL at my end to ship to your FFL there will be an additional $50.00 charge plus actual shipping cost.

++

Last edited by md66948; 08-14-19 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional Pictures:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional Pictures:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bump with lower price