Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long are fingerprint cards good for?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Told by who? ....
    my very reliable class 3 dealer, a good buddy who's ink prints were rejected (and told to get digital instead), plus by my local sheriff's office (who used to do ink but changed to digital to increase approval rates with anyone requiring prints).

of course, i could be wrong. just throwing it out as a possible consideration, not looking for an argument...

Last edited by feraldog; 07-31-19 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    FWIW I made my own Passport style photos too. Style is the important word in that phrase. You don't have to have actual passport photos taken for the ATF. Just make sure it meets Passport Photo regs and you're good to go with a Walmart print for $0.46 that will give you four photos to cut out. Then send online whenever you need more. Much cheaper and easier than the normal passport photo process.

That being said I'm all signed up on SilencerShop now so I just click a few buttons and it's all done electronically for me now.
    I thought when eFiling a Form1 you can just upload the photo from your computer and you don't need to mail one. Am I missing something?

So I did my first can through the SilencerShop app, but how would you do an SBR/Form1 through that? Their Form1 service is not working right now.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I thought when eFiling a Form1 you can just upload the photo from your computer and you don't need to mail one. Am I missing something?

So I did my first can through the SilencerShop app, but how would you do an SBR/Form1 through that? Their Form1 service is not working right now.
    It's not official ATF eFile but for me it's all electronic. They produce the proper physical documentation & send it all off. I just pay for the stamp & enter the serial number (even if I didn't buy it from them) and they send it all off. I've even got a single portal to track status of all of my NFA items.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    When filling out an eform Form 1, I use the same digital photo that I used to create my passport size photos for Form 4's. All you have to do on the eforms is crop the digital photo how you'd like. It's very easy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    When filling out an eform Form 1, I use the same digital photo that I used to create my passport size photos for Form 4's. All you have to do on the eforms is crop the digital photo how you'd like. It's very easy.
    That's what I thought. Just use a .jpeg. Based on what I have seen, I upload the .jpeg when I fill out the RP portion and upload the 5320.23.

I think I got it. :-D

Famous last words...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    i've been told a few times that rolled prints are far more likely to be rejected than digital prints. if rejected, it could mean a much longer wait to get final ATF approval.
    Told by who? The internet? Local gun shops? Gun trust lawyers? I can tell you my DIY prints are way more clear than the one my local dealer prints out. I’m not sure his are even readable, but none from either source have ever been rejected. I’m to the point I doubt they actually run the prints. I think they just input the info off the card and do a check.
    my very reliable class 3 dealer, a good buddy who's ink prints were rejected (and told to get digital instead), plus by my local sheriff's office (who used to do ink but changed to digital to increase approval rates with anyone requiring prints). of course, i could be wrong. just throwing it out as a possible consideration, not looking for an argument... .
    feraldog is correct. Digital prints are subject to less error and can be checked for the required detail/clarity prior to printing or electronic submission. They are substantially less likely to be rejected for reprint causing delays in application processing. For some, digital has been the only way some of their digits can be acceptably captured. In the event of loss/damage, an agency can print replacement cards on demand depending on their data retention practices.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ST911: thank you for the clarification

Feedback Score
    It’s not worth arguing.

There are hundreds, probably more like thousands, of us that have rolled our own multiple times. I don’t personally know a single one that’s ever been rejected.

So everyone just keep on doing what they want. I’ll save my time and money and stay in the DIY camp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ST911: thank you for the clarification
    You bet.

It’s not worth arguing. There are hundreds, probably more like thousands, of us that have rolled our own multiple times. I don’t personally know a single one that’s ever been rejected. So everyone just keep on doing what they want. I’ll save my time and money and stay in the DIY camp.
    No problem. You do you. In the meantime though, the link and text below may be helpful.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: an M4C Style Guide.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...4C-Style-Guide

The Value of Opinions.
    The Good: One of M4C's strengths is that we acknowledge that not all opinions are created equal. To this end, we have attempted to make the Subject Matter Experts and Industry Professionals in our midst more visible, so you know when you are engaging with a heavy hitter. We also have many, many regular members who are capable of dispensing very sound advice.
    The Bad: If you honestly have no first-hand experience with the topic at hand, either learn to say nothing at all, or be very up-front about your limitations. Stay in your lane, and think twice about posting something that you believe to be true only because you read about it on the internet, or saw it in a magazine. You will earn far more respect by asking an intelligent question than by dispensing a foolish answer.
    The Ugly: Knowledgeable members are generally quick to throw the BS flag when it is warranted, and post-counts may not be especially useful here, as some of the most competent members on M4C have relatively low post counts. You may well discover that there is more wisdom in the opinion of a 2006 member with 400 posts than in that of a 2010 member with 1,400. Pay attention, and treat it as a learning opportunity should you find your views being actively challenged. (There is an associated lesson here with respect to our stance on post-whoring, but that should probably go without saying.)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No problem. You do you. In the meantime though, the link and text below may be helpful.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: an M4C Style Guide.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...4C-Style-Guide
    Was there a specific point in there you’d like to highlight to help us non-heavy-hitters out?

SMH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12