Thread: Clash of 10 round 1911 .45 mags: Wilson Combat vs, CMC RPM:

Feedback Score

Clash of 10 round 1911 .45 mags: Wilson Combat vs, CMC RPM:

Which of these two same 1911 same magazines are both the most reliable and durable, too? THank you!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As for 1911 .45 mag brands, I've had equally good luck with several brands including both of these. Also check out Tripp Research, they have some of the best built 1911 mags out there.

That said, I don't trust the feed reliability of 1911 10rd .45 mags, and don't run them. I wouldn't put it past Wilson or Tripp to figure out how to get them running reliably, if it can be done. I limit my 1911's to 8rd mags.

Here's a good write-up on 1911 mag options: http://www.10-8performance.com/1911-magazines/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve had good luck with the CMC Power 10 + in my CQB and SA Operator. Got them for L10 Nationals last year and have been gtg since.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Power mags were always good. Hell they were at least as good as most 8 rounders
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Power mags were always good. Hell they were at least as good as most 8 rounders
    Yep, I've had really good luck with the 8rd ones, and Hilton recommends them in the linked article. Regarding the 10rd, here's what he has to say:

Ten round magazines are a bit of a mixed bag with 1911s. Due to the taller, heavier column of rounds, they create additional issues that you do not get with 8 round magazines. The top round will tend to nose dive more during feeding, and if your feed ramp is not able to support this, then you will have constant feedway malfunctions, especially on the first round out of the magazine. Feed lip wear/spread is dramatically accelerated during slide lock reloads, as the column of rounds striking the feed lips is heavier. Springs can also fatigue much faster in these magazines. These issues make the 10 round magazine a much bigger maintenance issue and require an extremely diligent user for them to be used successfully. I have had success with the CMC Power Mag 10 round and Tripp Cobra Mag 10 round, but due to the above issues and shortened service cycles, I do not typically recommend 10 round magazines for most users.