Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Got me an ACR!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Without getting too off topic, what’s the reason the ACR DMR is less than $1300 and the others are still $1700 plus. The DMR has a geissele trigger, stainless barrel, magpul prs buttstock, etc.. that looks like these would be improvements over the regular ACR and the DMR version would cost more.
    Any logic to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Without getting too off topic, what’s the reason the ACR DMR is less than $1300 and the others are still $1700 plus. The DMR has a geissele trigger, stainless barrel, magpul prs buttstock, etc.. that looks like these would be improvements over the regular ACR and the DMR version would cost more.
    Any logic to this?
    I really never thought about it and there’s no logic to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Any logic to this?
    Old stock that's not moving is my guess. It seems odd given that the DMR has the highest MSRP. Thanks for the heads up. I bought one for $1303 delivered.

Feedback Score
    Bret...you’re gonna love it. It’s one heavy bitch but what do I care....I don’t have to hump it anywhere except from my car to the bench.

Feedback Score
    Even if I don't end up liking it, there's not much downside given the price. That's not going to happen though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rumor on one of the boards is that Remington is killing off the DPMS and Bushmaster brands. Is anyone at SHOT to confirm?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Rumor on one of the boards is that Remington is killing off the DPMS and Bushmaster brands. Is anyone at SHOT to confirm?

Oh damn I haven’t heard that. Might as well pick up some parts in case.

Feedback Score
    If that's true then I wouldn't assume that they'd stop selling all of the products under the brand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If that's true then I wouldn't assume that they'd stop selling all of the products under the brand.
    I can see the ACR being discontinued since it is kind of a dog. With that said, it might actually sell a bit better if it was branded as a Remington product. Everyone seemed to ooh and ahh at the Remington mil/le gun.

Would anyone be shocked if the DPMS and Bushmaster names were retired? It isn't like either name is really associated with quality...

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I can see the ACR being discontinued since it is kind of a dog. With that said, it might actually sell a bit better if it was branded as a Remington product. Everyone seemed to ooh and ahh at the Remington mil/le gun.

Would anyone be shocked if the DPMS and Bushmaster names were retired? It isn't like either name is really associated with quality...

But the prices of accessories will go up under the Remington name and the Remington ACR has a lot of different parts. The only Bushy I’d miss is the Dissipator

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast