Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got me an ACR!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Got me an ACR!

I know these weren’t too popular but I’ve always liked them for some strange reason. Lately it seems like they’ve been selling better now that a pistol configuration is available. Bought it with a Geissele Super ACR trigger which was sweet. I’ve been creeping on them since they came out and someone locally literally gave it to me and now I have my eye on a Templar 300blk kit once they’re available. For now it sports an Elcan and had a Knights MAAM pin/welded after bringing the barrel down a bit.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This is one of the only "could have been" rifles out there, if a reputable company had picked it up.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    This is one of the only "could have been" rifles out there, if a reputable company had picked it up.
    I agree. Its one of the only rifles that popped up in that era that really had potential. Its really too bad what happened to it.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    This is next on my acquisition list.

Despite their problems I just like them and really regret selling my old one.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    How does the recoil impulse compare to other 5.56 rifles? Also is the bolt lock release stiff or hard to actuate?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looks fantastic
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I got one too a while back. Oddly enough, I have yet to get around to firing it.

I'm trying to figure out the logic of the step up in the barrel diameter towards the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the logic of the step up in the barrel diameter towards the muzzle.
    Bushmaster.

Feedback Score
    Cool rifle man! I've wanted one since I saw pictures of the Masada in a magazine article by Patrick Sweeney. The control layout seems really, really nice. Pretty much ideal. The tool less barrel change and the looks are just plain sexy.

I have a dream that someday I'll build a Masada clone out of one with a pinned 14.5" pencil barrel and find a way to get the weight down to what was originally advertised. I wonder: does the added weight come entirely from the carrier and barrel profile, or are there other changes from the Masada? I nerd out on those kinds of details for some reason.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I got one too a while back. Oddly enough, I have yet to get around to firing it.

I think the assumption at the time was that Bushmaster, in it's desire to cut all the corners, simply used what it already had lying around - namely non-chrome lined, 1/9 twist 16" M4 style barrels.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast