Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got me an ACR!

Feedback Score
    I really dig my ACR. I got one of the newer ones with lighter barrel and dual charging handles love the ergonomics and probably still the best folding stock around IMO. I think they are making an effort to improve the fit and finish as mine is excellent and over 3000 flawless rounds so far. With a 14.5” barrel it’s very handy
    Last edited by turrican; 10-27-19 at 22:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I wonder: does the added weight come entirely from the carrier and barrel profile, or are there other changes from the Masada? I nerd out on those kinds of details for some reason.
    The trunnion is supposed to be pretty heavy as well. At least one person has made custom light weight trunnions, and when combined with light barrels and bolts makes for a pretty light gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    The trunnion is supposed to be pretty heavy as well. At least one person has made custom light weight trunnions, and when combined with light barrels and bolts makes for a pretty light gun.
    Interesting. Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    Off topic, but cogent to the thread of discussion pertaining to rounds popping out: Just confirmed the 5.56 Bren 2S pops rounds out just like the ACR and SCAR. No support for feedlips. Even using a Lancer mag with steel feedlips. You have to really slam it in harder than I ever did in competition though. Using my normal 'press, pull, slap her if she needs it,' it's not happening. It's best practice not to slap in mags on open bolt anyway as it wears out the mag's over insertion stop.

Feedback Score
    With the new non M4 barrel cut down to 14.5 it feels a lot lighter and handles better than earlier ACRs.
    With the scope pictured below, the SCAR is actually heavier than my ACR with the ACOG.

Last edited by turrican; 11-03-19 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stack23 View Post
    Always wanted to shoot one, they are good looking rifles
    Surprisingly smooth and shoots well, the Geissele does make it that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by turrican View Post
    With the new non M4 barrel cut down to 14.5 it feels a lot lighter and handles better than earlier ACRs.
    With the scope pictured below, the SCAR is actually heavier than my ACR with the ACOG.

That's a couple of nice set ups. Is that the OEM Bushmaster MLOK hand guard? I wish I had a chance to shoot my ACR more often.

Feedback Score
    I broke down and bought the DMR version when the price hit $1,300 at Grabagun.com. In addition to the Magpul fixed PRS stock the 18.5" heavy barrel is 1:7 twist. With factory 77 grain SMK loads it shoots MOA all day long. I believe I might be able to get it down a bit more with handloads but haven't tried yet. I've put maybe 1,500 rounds through it over the past year with no issues. I'm very impressed with the fit, finish and reliability.

Back in 2010 I wanted a Masada so bad I could taste it. But like everyone else I wasn't willing to pay $3K for all of the hype and none of the benefits. No caliber conversions or different barrel sizes....1:9 twist rate. It was a complete abortion as has already been discussed. But this rifle, at the current price is a different story. I like it enough that I am SBRing it. I've ordered the folding stock and 10.5" barrel to be held at my LGS until I get my stamp.

I'm not by any means trying to argue the superiority of one platform or another but I am just bored with the AR/M4. I think there is something to variety being the spice of life.

Be safe.

Heavyweight

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I like it enough that I am SBRing it.
    Well done!

I really love mine...

FD1F1F82-7B27-4D7C-AA9B-A08690BC5857.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    I really love mine...
    That’s what I’m talking about....that’s a great setup. And you can go from a heavy rig shooting 500+ yards to a light CQB setup in less than 5 minutes. It might have taken 10 years to get here but I’m digging it just the same.

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m waiting for Dana to release his lightweight trunnion and lower receiver... then it’ll be a super light build.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast