Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Got me an ACR!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd be plenty satisfied with one inch groups.

I have a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x24 that doesn't have a home. I'll see how it shoots with that. If the accuracy is really good, I'll probably move up to something with some more power.
    https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...rs24-c-1900007
    I’m a fan of those and I’d also look at the Eotech Vudu 1 - 6x24 if you can find them under 800.00. Mine is a beast.

Feedback Score
    I have a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x24 that doesn't have a home. I'll see how it shoots with that. If the accuracy is really good, I'll probably move up to something with some more power.
    https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...rs24-c-1900007
    Yup.....that’s what I did....started out with a Vortex 1-6x and it shot well enough that I pulled a Bushnell DMR 6-24x off another rifle to see what it could really do.

Feedback Score
    I picked up my ACR DMR today.

It is a heavy beast. Interestingly, the serial number starts with CMP.
    Be glad you got it when you did. The GrabAgun price shot back up to $2K. Retailers are going to try to cash in now that the word is out about Bushmaster and DPMS shutting down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Be glad you got it when you did. The GrabAgun price shot back up to $2K. Retailers are going to try to cash in now that the word is out about Bushmaster and DPMS shutting down.
    I just checked. I guess whatever distributor that everyone was buying from revised their pricing. Yea me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had an early production ACR since the beginning. I shot it some when I first got it, but it's been in the way back of the safe, untouched for a long time. Since I paid way more back then, than they are going for now, I figured instead of loosing my ass selling it, I'd form 1 SBR it.

My form 1 came back just in time for Remington to axe the program.

I guess I'm just going to shoot it until it breaks something I cant replace.

I did stumble across a Remington defense 8.5" PDW barrel for it. The gas regulator position prevents running a suppressor, but the fireball should be impressive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like they're done:

https://youtu.be/ZgzhJAwPZ04

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looks like they're done:

https://youtu.be/ZgzhJAwPZ04

That's too bad. I was very interested in the ACR back in '10, and it was quite a bit of a debate between that and the SCAR. Sorry to see the ACR go, though it seems like it never really got the support it deserved.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    That's too bad. I was very interested in the ACR back in '10, and it was quite a bit of a debate between that and the SCAR. Sorry to see the ACR go, though it seems like it never really got the support it deserved.
    Remember this? Pretty much all true ten years later.. .

https://youtu.be/BB0Pu-rvFjs

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Remember this? Pretty much all true ten years later.. .

https://youtu.be/BB0Pu-rvFjs

Haha, Yup! The 1/9 barrel is what really killed it for me, and the much touted but missing on release other caliber options. Too bad, it had potential, as did the 7.62 version, the Massoud.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Haha, Yup! The 1/9 barrel is what really killed it for me, and the much touted but missing on release other caliber options. Too bad, it had potential, as did the 7.62 version, the Massoud.
    Kinetic Research Group is in the process of releasing a 7.62 ACR variant.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast