Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Got me an ACR!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Kinetic Research Group is in the process of releasing a 7.62 ACR variant.
    If they do it right it should work out.

I assume the 7.62 version will be something along the lines of a precision rifle. That is probably the best avenue although a lighter battle rifle would also be nifty.

Maybe it is possible the 308 receiver will have an accompanying 223 conversion kit for maximum flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    It seems the Remington model is to buy a successful company, run the quality down, fail to deliver on promises and shut the company down. I'm trying to figure out where the profit is in that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The ACR still appears on the Remington Defense website. So does the GII 308.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I had my ACR DMR out on Sunday and put another 500 rounds through it. Granted my rifle is a sample of one but I have a couple thousand rounds through it without a single malfunction. It’s action is butter smooth, recoil impulse is almost zero, holds 69, 75 and 77 grain bullets at about an inch and even 55 grain bullets will stay under 2 inches (1:7 twist). Fit and finish is excellent. And Bushmaster was finally getting conversion kits out in real numbers. Now thanks to the pussies at Remington my ACR is going to be relegated to the safe along with my discontinued Sig 556 that I bought in 2001. Afraid to shoot it for fear I’ll break something that cannot be replaced. Guess I’m going to have to settle for rubbing it down with a cloth diaper and playing “army” in the house when my wife is gone. Sigh.....what a sad existence for a fine rifle.

Be safe

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought the DMR for under $1300. Then bought a 14.5” barrel that I’ll pin and weld and a folding stock.

I emailed Remington about support and parts and there reply was “ Support will be offered as per the warranty. Accessory item production is currently suspended and will not be done as normal production, no eta as per a change at this time.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678