Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RDS for Lightweight/Simple Carbine That's Not Aimpoint

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I found a dealer not too far away that had one in stock. The dot does appear better to me than any Aimpoint I've used. However, on the setting I would consider the most useful, I noticed it begins to "starburst". Is that my eyes or is this common? Had it in an Aimpoint T1, as well, but it wasn't as bad. One up from that setting and there was a bunch of red reflection/refraction. One setting below the most useful was perfectly clear, but not as bright as I would like for daylight.
    Have you tried using your red dot in conjunction with iron sights? It seems to me viewing the dot through a rear aperture crispens the dot. YMMV
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    [QUOTE=titsonritz;2757227]Have you tried using your red dot in conjunction with iron sights? It seems to me viewing the dot through a rear aperture crispens the dot. YMMV[/QUOTE

Sighting through the rear sight fools your eye. It also takes away the advantage over iron sights a RDS offers. The only time I do it is to zero the RDS. After that it's all grapes, comet tails and starburst for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The MRO's starburst effect you witnessed is typical. The starburst of level 4 and above isn't ideal, but given roughly equal brightness it's no more excessive as the M4.

Having only 6 non-NV levels definitely causes the brightness differences between each level to be greater than (for example) the M4's 11 non-NV levels.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Look at the leupold prism 1x and the primary arms prism 1x. Both are etched and have diopters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123