View Poll Results: What 9mm PCC Barrel Length Did You Choose (OR would you choose if you buy/build)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

3 15.00%

4 20.00%

10 50.00%

3 15.00%
  • 11-11.5

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • Other (Please specify in thread)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 9mm PCC Barrel Length Did You Choose (OR would you choose if you buy/build)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

What 9mm PCC Barrel Length Did You Choose (OR would you choose if you buy/build)

Hey M4Cers,

Looking for some intel on what chose or would choose for barrel length on a 9mm PCC. This will be a PDW PCC with a pistol brace so all barrel lengths are on the table.

Thanks!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Depends on what ammo you want to run. 147gr is fine in the 4.5”, but don’t know about 158 0r 165? I save the heavy stuff for my 7-8” in my AR9 and Scorpion EVO. I did find out the 158 is problematic in a G26.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went 8.5 to fit the muzzle device (KAK Slim Line Flash Can) under a hand guard. As a result, I have to use my SBR lower - I don't do pistols except as proof-of-concept before sending off Form 1.

I'm going to build a 14.5 pinned upper and peddle the 8.5. I'll probably end up using a 15" ALG Rail because LaRue doesn't make their $10.00 an incher in 15 inch.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just bought this: https://www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot-...ith-sba3-brace

I think that is good length so I have room on rail for light, QD sling mount, etc... while still being compact.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For a general purpose build, the 8.5" works nicely with 115-124 gr ammo and bumps the speed up a couple hundred fps.

The 8.5" 9mm barrel is the same length as an 8" 5.56 barrel, allowing a minimum 7" hand guard.

For a suppressor build, the 4"-5" range keeps the velocity down in the subsonic range.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run 10.5’s on a couple.
    Reasoning is more rail for light and my support hand further from muzzle.
    It adds a about 250 FPS to HST, GD which is well into .357 mag velocities and is exceptionally controllable, accurate.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    For a general purpose build, the 8.5" works nicely with 115-124 gr ammo and bumps the speed up a couple hundred fps.

The 8.5" 9mm barrel is the same length as an 8" 5.56 barrel, allowing a minimum 7" hand guard.

For a suppressor build, the 4"-5" range keeps the velocity down in the subsonic range.
    Thank you Clint. This is some great intel and really got me to really think through the ammo application for this project. As I think through this idea from purpose to execution, I believe the bulk of my ammo will not be subsonic ammo, but primarily 115gr which is my primary HD/SD load (Barnes Tac/XP) and I do have some heavier round in the 147gr variety, but by and large my stock is 115-124.

Have you seen any issue with heavier ammo like 147gr in the longer 8.5" barrels?

Thanks again

Rob
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I run 10.5’s on a couple.
    Reasoning is more rail for light and my support hand further from muzzle.
    It adds a about 250 FPS to HST, GD which is well into .357 mag velocities and is exceptionally controllable, accurate.
    Thanks Gaijin. Good info.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    I just bought this: https://www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot-...ith-sba3-brace

I think that is good length so I have room on rail for light, QD sling mount, etc... while still being compact.
    So I called PA and talked to them about this FM AR9. I would really like to get a range report from you on how well it runs, any cycling issues etc. And also down the road after you have a 1000 or so pills down range.

Feedback I got from PA was that it was a solid running pistol and that they sell A LOT of Foxtrot Mike AR9's and have had very few returned for malfunctions. But I'd rather hear that from an actual owner/shooter. You mind posting up a range report and some follow-on feedback?

Thx
    RTX
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    So I called PA and talked to them about this FM AR9. I would really like to get a range report from you on how well it runs, any cycling issues etc. And also down the road after you have a 1000 or so pills down range.

Feedback I got from PA was that it was a solid running pistol and that they sell A LOT of Foxtrot Mike AR9's and have had very few returned for malfunctions. But I'd rather hear that from an actual owner/shooter. You mind posting up a range report and some follow-on feedback?

Thx
    RTX
    Will do. I started another thread in this section of M4C and had a lot of people chime in recommending Foxtrot Mike. I also watched a ton of video reviews. Overwhelmingly positive reviews. Mine should arrive middle of next week and I’ll be farming lead shortly thereafter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast