Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which lower if cost not an option?

Feedback Score

Which lower if cost not an option?

First build was all RRA. Planning on starting two more. If money not an option any recommendations on which lowers I should get? Right now I've got lines on:

Stag $$$ (respectively)
    CMMG $$
    Double Star $

TIA
    Last edited by Charlie Golf; 11-12-08 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Golf View Post
    First build was all RRA. Planning on starting two more. If money not an option any recommendations on which lowers I should get? Right now I've got lines on:

Stag $$$ (respectively)
    CMMG $$
    Double Star $

TIA
    i am also a fan of cmmg and stag myself. dont like double star though. dont forget about lmt.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-09-17 at 00:09.

Feedback Score
    I'm really fond of my Sun Devil billet lower for $149. I didn't assemble the lower so I don't know how well it went together, but everything works well, operates smooth, and despite the fact that it doesn't matter in reality, I like the little screw to take out the wiggle (although I didn't need to use it.) I just like the look of billet lowers, too - and the Sun Devil isn't high priced like some of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    I'm really fond of my Sun Devil billet lower for $149. I didn't assemble the lower so I don't know how well it went together, but everything works well, operates smooth, and despite the fact that it doesn't matter in reality, I like the little screw to take out the wiggle (although I didn't need to use it.) I just like the look of billet lowers, too - and the Sun Devil isn't high priced like some of them.
    +1

___

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score

Question

Okay, here's the deal...I can buy a Stag, DPMS, or RRA stripped lower right now. No wait, no backorder.

Or I can make a backorder puchase online for Stag, DStar or CMMG. Save money by purchasing online but that gap closes with XFR fees and then there is the whole "opportunity cost" of waiting potentially months for a backorder.

The Stag in the store is $50 mo' than the backordered one. Oh what's a guy to do!?!?!?!?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm very intrigued by the Sully lowers. I need to get in touch with them and see about getting myself one after the 1st of the year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used a tactical innovations billet lower on my last build and was not very happy with it. First, my Magpul MIAD grips didnt fit properly against the backstrap. I eneded up using the MOE grips and they fit OK. Next problem I had was the little hold under where you screw in the reciever extension was too small. This caused the reciever end plate to not fit properly so I had to grind it down. None of these issues was terrible, but for the $230 I paid for the receiver, i expected more. I would not buy this receiver again. On the other hand, the DPMS I used for my first build was perfect... other than the "un-cool" Panther roll mark lol!

It definitely looks good though.

Feedback Score
    If money was no option I would have all LMT factory built lowers.

Feedback Score
    If money isn't an option, you're going to have to settle for whatever you can beg, borrow, or steal.

If money is no object, you should just get a complete Colt.

Other than that, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between lowers. Get one that the finish will match whatever upper you want.
    Last edited by Arrkhal; 11-16-08 at 16:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast