Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service goes Glock 19 mos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Secret Service goes Glock 19 mos

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/08/01...edium=facebook

Seems like a sound choice. I probably would have pushed for an American manufacturer like S&W but that the Glock is a safe choice can’t be denied.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

Seems like a sound choice. I probably would have pushed for an American manufacturer like S&W but that the Glock is a safe choice can’t be denied.
    They will probably have to be manufactured in Smyrna.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not that it comes as a surprise to the folks on here who are much more involved in the industry than I am, but pistol red dots are very quickly becoming the norm for LE, much faster than I thought Departments would gravitate to them. One indicator is that my little college PD (26 officers) is in the testing process and is setting up to replace all of our Gen 4 G19/G17 pistols with with G19 MOS and G17M MOS models with red dots for any officer that wants one.

How I know Hell has really frozen over is that the Sheriff's Department I retired from last year is in the testing process, and this is the department that held on to Class A's and brown leather duty gear in the jail for last 25 years.

Feedback Score
    Deleted...
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 08-01-19 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

When was the last time the SS carried American made handguns? The 1950s? (I think that's about when the SS went to BHPs, although I suppose there may have been revolvers in use after that, but I don't know.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    When was the last time the SS carried American made handguns? The 1950s? (I think that's about when the SS went to BHPs, although I suppose there may have been revolvers in use after that, but I don't know.)
    I don’t think the SS ever carried the high powers...

History of Handguns Carried by the United States Secret Service

http://www.shootingrangeindustries.c...quipment-list/
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    I don’t think the SS ever carried the high powers...

History of Handguns Carried by the United States Secret Service

http://www.shootingrangeindustries.c...quipment-list/
    I thought I read (many, many years ago) that a couple of the agents who were protecting Truman when the PR separatists attacked him were carrying BHPs.

ETA: The list you posted has a rather glaring omission: It doesn't mention the 357 SiG P229 that the G19 is replacing.

ETA2: The list appears to be copy-pasta'd from Wikipedia. Or vice versa. Either way, the list on Wikipedia doesn't have any citations list for the historical/previous service firearms for the USSS.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-04-19 at 19:17.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can see the money savings in training and service in one Agency one gun, but what agencies allow for the choice of G19 or ie Sig 229? Based on different size shapes and preferences, I would think options would be more the norm. What agencies have options.

On RDS, wasn't it Border Patrol ( Elite tactical Team )correction Marshall’s , that went with double stack STI w/ RDS ? RDS's are coming on strong.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-06-19 at 22:52. Reason: Edit to Marshall’s
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Seems like some Fed LE dept are standardizing on one caliber...then maybe one manufacturer....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    On RDS, wasn't it Border Patrol ( Elite tactical Team ) that went with double stack STI w/ RDS ? RDS's are coming on strong.
    USMS SOG...

CBP was one of the first major requests for optics ready pistols in L/E. They asked the field what they wanted, and actually listened. Can’t wait to get a 47.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast