Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service goes Glock 19 mos

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Seems like some Fed LE dept are standardizing on one caliber...then maybe one manufacturer....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    On RDS, wasn't it Border Patrol ( Elite tactical Team ) that went with double stack STI w/ RDS ? RDS's are coming on strong.
    USMS SOG...

CBP was one of the first major requests for optics ready pistols in L/E. They asked the field what they wanted, and actually listened. Can’t wait to get a 47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It was the marshalls that just bought some STI pistols id Deltapoint Pros.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I can see the money savings in training and service in one Agency one gun, but what agencies allow for the choice of G19 or ie Sig 229? Based on different size shapes and preferences, I would think options would be more the norm. What agencies have options.

On RDS, wasn't it Border Patrol ( Elite tactical Team ) that went with double stack STI w/ RDS ? RDS's are coming on strong.

PB
    For USSS it won’t be an option. G19s are replacing the Sigs.

Also aside from SOD entities I doubt you’ll see widespread RDS additions, atleast anytime soon if ever.

For years leadership had a shit fit about guys buying their own plus round 229 mags, so change is excruciatingly painful for them. Hell weapon lights alone probably gave the brass an aneurysm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sigs are boomer guns anyways

Feedback Score
    Inside the Secret Service's secret museum

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inside-th...120155593.html

Cool 4 minute video at link!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I thought I read (many, many years ago) that a couple of the agents who were protecting Truman when the PR separatists attacked him were carrying BHPs.

ETA: The list you posted has a rather glaring omission: It doesn't mention the 357 SiG P229 that the G19 is replacing.

ETA2: The list appears to be copy-pasta'd from Wikipedia. Or vice versa. Either way, the list on Wikipedia doesn't have any citations list for the historical/previous service firearms for the USSS.
    USSS issued .357 revolvers till the late 1980s when they transitioned to SIG P228s in 9mm. The 228s were replaced with P229s in 357 In the late 1990s.

“Back in the day” Weapons choices were more flexible so it is possible a USSS Agent or two carried a BHP as a personal back up gun but they were never an issued item,

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    20 years with the 229 is a surprisingly long period of time. They’re the last major “visible” agency I’m aware of still issuing .357 Sig guns. It’s always been a “meh” caliber for me and I’ve only shot it a few times, but I’d take it over .40, if I had to.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    20 years with the 229 is a surprisingly long period of time. They’re the last major “visible” agency I’m aware of still issuing .357 Sig guns. It’s always been a “meh” caliber for me and I’ve only shot it a few times, but I’d take it over .40, if I had to.
    That’s because the leadership refused to evolve past the Cretaceous period.

Hell this is the same agency who refused to purchase Sigs with rails out of fears folks would put WMLs on them and use them as general purpose flashlights.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Hell this is the same agency who refused to purchase Sigs with rails out of fears folks would put WMLs on them and use them as general purpose flashlights.
    I wouldn’t put it past guys I worked with at the local level, but I get what you’re saying.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast