Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's and the US Military?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Spike's and the US Military?

The original caption to this Facebook picture (from Spike's site) is "USSOF soldier shoots Spikes Tactical AR-15 platform during International Military Competition.". Is this legit? Didn't realize that SOCOM used this brand:

Last edited by Slater; 08-02-19 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Personally owned weapon, no doubt.

Just because they work carrying rifles means they are all 'gun people'.

I'm sure Spikes has a boner tho.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It doesn't mean that it was his, that it was issued, or that he actually used it for the competition. It could have been brought by someone else, and during a lunch break, handed to him to try out. He might have just said 'Hey, can I try out that Steiner?'

Anyway, that's how it looks like to me, because whenever I'm handed anyone else's rifle to check out or shoot a few rounds through at the range, I seldom bother to sling it. I doubt he'd be doing any sort of serious shooting with his sling hanging like that, even if it was off his support side.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Probably like any other BS hype. They send a bottle of bad word Grease Gun Oil to one Ranger and advertise "Used by Army Rangers". A fingernail clipper and sunglasses to a Navy Seal and advertise "Used by Navy Seals".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Probably like any other BS hype. They send a bottle of bad word Grease Gun Oil to one Ranger and advertise "Used by Army Rangers". A fingernail clipper and sunglasses to a Navy Seal and advertise "Used by Navy Seals".
    Now that’s funny right there...I’m going to have to sell lube called bad word Grease. Lololol
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    ...I’m going to have to sell lube called bad word Grease...
    Breaking News! "Labratory tests show this new lubricant is nothing more than re-packaged Vagisil"
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-03-19 at 21:26.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Breaking News! "Labratory tests show this new lubricant is nothing more than re-packaged Vagisil"
    Damn dude. There you go with the research again..just dream killin. Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk93 View Post
    He is Army Special Forces. He's probably wearing a nice uniform because he's representing the US at an international competition. Military bearing doesn't go away just because you have a tab. At least it shouldn't.
    So forgive me as I’m not .mil so I have zero knowledge of protocol or culture in this context. That said, I would think he would at least wear unit insignia or something than just personal COTS flag patches on his helmet. I would think an international competition would merit promoting his unit unless he was CAG or DECGRU or some other secret squirrel. Honestly, it doesn’t change my life either way just an interesting academic discussion.

I’m curious because I’ve built up some kit and since I’m not prior or current .mil I’m very careful to avoid “unit” identifiers and call sign patches unless they identify me specifically. I figure any American can and should wear flags if they choose. Though I do get the “need” for accuracy for milsim and LARP type activities. I just find it odd that he has Cots Flags on a clean combat uniform that shows very little wear. All good. Just musing.

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Ya'll need to watch some of the nasty words on the forum.
    Copy that. Apologies. But it was funny
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Amen. Shit is ridiculous

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Or it’s air soft

Because I honestly can’t tell sometimes because folks LARP so damn hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    It doesn't mean that it was his, that it was issued, or that he actually used it for the competition. It could have been brought by someone else, and during a lunch break, handed to him to try out. He might have just said 'Hey, can I try out that Steiner?'

Anyway, that's how it looks like to me, because whenever I'm handed anyone else's rifle to check out or shoot a few rounds through at the range, I seldom bother to sling it. I doubt he'd be doing any sort of serious shooting with his sling hanging like that, even if it was off his support side.
    This.
    And this.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast